Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

also speaking of insane, you guys are a pretty small team to be supporting 2 very large software suites... LD-2000 with an the LC series AND beyond - dont you think thats stretching things a bit thin??

not that I am complaining as an LD2k user after all

Questions for Pangolin:

Beyond will support plugins?
    I saw a demo of Digisynth, any plan to add modular node-based effects?
    I don't know LD2000, all parameters can be tweaked with midi hardware controllers? LD and Beyond support Novation controllers? is possible to do the automap?
    Beyond support raster images? The laser can project a video?
    Audio can drive the graphics? can I assign an audio band to a particular color and modulate it?
    Can I modulate the laser with mathematical functions?
    Beyond support the output of RSS for digital signage?
    Beyond support roll and crawl of long texts?
    Can I create particles with the 3d module? 3d rigid dynamics? Inverse cinematic?
    Ultimate 3d can apply fur on objects?
    Can I create particles effects like Wondertouch Illusion?
    Ultimate use deformations? bend, bulge, twist, squeeze, waves, etc?
    All parameters are keyframeable?
    The 3d Ultimate draw only outlined drawings? wireframed? rasterized renderings?
    The 3d module imports Max/Maya/Softimage/Cinema 4d/fbx-collada animations or I have to redesign all the scene inside Beyond Ultimate?
    What types of 3d objects import Beyond? obj,dxf,iges,stp,acis,dwg? (to name a few)
    Ultimate supports shadows, reflections, refractions, transparency and highlighs?
    Ultimate support 3dconnexion Space Controller?

....ooops! too many questions...

here are your answers:
    Beyond will support plugins? Nope
    I saw a demo of Digisynth, any plan to add modular node-based effects? I have no clue
    I don't know LD2000, all parameters can be tweaked with midi hardware controllers? LD and Beyond support Novation controllers? is possible to do the automap? Not sure
    Beyond support raster images? Yes it does
    The laser can project a video? Video as in raster video and in realtime yes.. but it's not good for a laser projector, you can do a video combined with laser projection too.
    Audio can drive the graphics? No your dac does this
    can I assign an audio band to a particular color and modulate it? Audio can somehow drive the graphics if you use the Lightjockey function, but it doesn't work on waveform but on BPMCan I modulate the laser with mathematical functions? Not that i know off
    Beyond support the output of RSS for digital signage? ???? why?
    Beyond support roll and crawl of long texts? YES
    Can I create particles with the 3d module? 3d rigid dynamics? Inverse cinematic? Particles are not yet implemented. BEYOND 3D does not have physics yet and does not use Bipeds.
    Ultimate 3d can apply fur on objects? Fur on lasers will not look good, in fact horrible Flicker will be too bad, are you sure you are aware of the limits of a laser projector?Can I create particles effects like Wondertouch Illusion? Never heard of it, likely not
    Ultimate use deformations? bend, bulge, twist, squeeze, waves, etc? Yes
    All parameters are keyframeable? Certainly
    The 3d Ultimate draw only outlined drawings? wireframed? rasterized renderings? Yes it can do all those things.
    The 3d module imports Max/Maya/Softimage/Cinema 4d/fbx-collada animations or I have to redesign all the scene inside Beyond Ultimate? yes it supports it if you export .fbx. but keep complexity low!
    Also it supports no bones or bipeds so bake your character animation to vertex animation before exporting.

What types of 3d objects import Beyond? obj,dxf,iges,stp,acis,dwg? (to name a few) We chose for .FBX it is a very nice format and most 3D programs support it, if you are lacking export features consider baking to vertex animation
    Ultimate supports shadows, reflections, refractions, transparency and highlighs? It supports all, but since a laser can't draw too much the shading and shadows are the only things slightly usefull.Ultimate support 3dconnexion Space Controller? Never heard of this either likely not.
    Last edited by masterpj; 07-20-2011 at 05:43.

oh!..many thanks for answers!

3d space controller is a must for who does 3d modeling

I hope that Beyond supports mouse wheel for zoom in out and several short cut buttons to do the orbit of cameras, pan, roll, field of view.

If I'll buy Beyond Ultimate will be hard times for Pangolin....

well you can use your mouse hahah i mean that's what you mean with 3D controllers right?
    we have zoom rotate scale and you can move the camera perspective.
    also beyond supports those camera things
    and yes mouse wheel for zoomout.
    We copy objects with shift and dragging out too

pretty sure pangolin can handle it btw

I don't know LD2000, all parameters can be tweaked with midi hardware controllers? LD and Beyond support Novation controllers? is possible to do the automap?

NO, and not needed. Just take a template and learn the midi commands. Keep in mind that at the moment there is NO native support for ableton midi devices

Audio can drive the graphics?

animation can be based on beat and time thats the choise you make while writing a show

Beyond support the output of RSS for digital signage?

No, Digital signage is not the primary target of beyond, however pangolin has an digital signage platform called VMU so, who knows.. maybe in the future?

Ultimate support 3dconnexion Space Controller?

I believe there is no native support for this controller, but this controller comes with an key mapper, so i believe that could do the trick
    Last edited by cyberb0b; 07-20-2011 at 06:26.

So can anyone tell me what’s included in the “Special half-price upgrade offer”?

Is it a complete system (Hardware and software, including beyond)

Or is it just a software upgrade?

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by cyberb0b View Post
    animation can be based on beat and time thats the choise you make while writing a show
    well, if I put an audio track on the timeline a pattern of a kick sound for example could automatically drive a zoom or rotation effect or I have to manually make keyframes?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielefx View Post
    Ultimate 3d can apply fur on objects?
    Graphics with lasers are very simple,

This is quite a complex frame from QS:

Yet you can see there's very little detail.

Frame rate though is around 20fps which I think starts to give you a warning of the limitations of laser rendering.