Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

I looked again and I can't find it. Is the Pangolin Showspace access limited to only certain shows based on the software you purchased from Pangolin? I have QS. Will I be unable to access LD2000 shows until the bridge promised by Mr. Benner is written?

As far as I know BEYOND will not be able to import LD show until the bridge is completed. I am hurtin for this also as all 11 of my shows were made in LD.

Beyond does not no (yet)
    though what you can do is import LD2000 frames
    not an .shs show

Quote Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
    Software is not a car. From LD32 -> LD2000 the software did not change. Pangolin stopped updating LD anything years ago... Showtime did get a few updates over the 10 years... but again.. they are promising "Forever" if you spend 1000's of dollars.

My favorite thing is hey, upgrade for 50% off.. we havn't decided what features you get to keep though.. but you can pay us $1000's of dollars more just be safe.
    actually I asked Bill to clarify this @ SELEM

if you upgrade for $750 you get the Beyond Ultimate or whatever their $5k one is called... and you keep it... so even after it gets updated etc you still have Beyond Ultimate... which is why I said earlier in the thread, upgrading for $750 now is really a good deal, since if you ever want to do anything in 3D the 3D editor looks super powerful (and for $750 is a STEAL - look up a copy of 3D Studio MAX + LC-Max!)

Glad that's been clarified, because the text posted on the Beyond site certainly suggested that once you upgraded after them deciding the feature set, your version would revert to the version you paid for. I hope they've corrected that so it doesn't put off more prospective early adopters
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Glad that's been clarified, because the text posted on the Beyond site certainly suggested that once you upgraded after them deciding the feature set, your version would revert to the version you paid for. I hope they've corrected that so it doesn't put off more prospective early adopters
    ya not sure, does the beyond site even mention this??

I remember somewhere/someone with both scenarios (lose features as version goes up vs keep them) so there was a lot of confusion, but like I said, I asked Bill and he said that was not the case, $750 right now gets you beyond full ultimate extreme super bonus edition for the life of beyond

I think there is a copy/paste in a quote earlier in this thread actually, but I'd have to go back and check.

edit: Yep, post #99 of this thread on page 4
    Last edited by norty303; 08-24-2011 at 00:18.
    Frikkin Lasers

Hmmm, I'm sceptical given this is in complete contradiction to Pango's own info.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hmmm, I'm sceptical given this is in complete contradiction to Pango's own info.
    I kind of agree. I wonder if this is a misunderstanding or a special PL regulars offer. Otherwise everyone would just buy a 2nd hand LD system for $800, upgrade for $750 and save around $2,500!

I've pointed Bill in this direction when I emailed him about a QS bug this morning but it may take some time for him to get around to reading the mail.

I wonder if Bill meant that you go tot keep the Ultimate version so long as you don't try and update it with a future release - otherwise it reverts to what you purchased. Otherwise I don't see how they can work the licensing to account for these 'special' versions unless they are a different license to the ones they give usually.
    Is the licensing done by the small image file as for LP?
    Frikkin Lasers