Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LaserMarketerJTP View Post
    Hey Guys,

This is Justin Perry from Pangolin. I understand that there is a lot of confusion right now surrounding BEYOND, in particular what comes with a new BEYOND purchase.
    We discussed in the latest edition of our newsletter, and I will try to help clarify things here on the forum as well.

As of right now, Pangolin has released BEYOND - the Special Launch Edition. This is version 1.0 of the software. It gives a general overview of what BEYOND will be like,
    and has some of the features that will be included in the Ultimate version of the software, such as the 3-D drawing program.

We are still working on BEYOND 2.0, and anticipate that this will be released later this year, with a target date somewhere in mid-November. When BEYOND 2.0 comes out, the software will be segmented into its three version (Essentials, Advanced, and Ultimate), and a clear description of the features and benefits of each of the three levels will be
    available to you.

As of right now, we have temporarily extended our LD2000 promotion from earlier this year. What this means is that any new LD2000 system you purchase (Intro, Basic, or PRO), will include a FREE copy of the BEYOND Special Launch Edition Software. The BEYOND Special Launch Edition software is yours to keep, and you will be able to continually
    use this software, and the features that come with it, for the lifetime of the product.

In addition, when version 2.0 of BEYOND is released, you will also get the version of BEYOND that coincides with the version of LD2000 you originally paid for
    (Intro/Essentials, Basic/Advanced, PRO/Ultimate).

This same concept applies if you purchase a new BEYOND system (with a QM2000 board).

So for example… If you purchase an LD2000 Intro system or a BEYOND Essentials system (with the QM2000), you will get the following:

* QM2000 hardware
    * LD2000 Intro Software
    * BEYOND Special Launch Edition Software
    * BEYOND Essentials Software (when version 2.0 is released)

*The same concept would apply for Basic/Advanced and PRO/Ultimate system purchases.

If you purchase a new BEYOND Essentials System with the Flashback 3 hardware you will get the following:

* Flashback 3 hardware
    * BEYOND Special Launch Edition Software
    * BEYOND Essentials Software (when version 2.0 is released)

*The same concept would apply for Advanced and Ultimate system purchases.

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit for all of you, and should you have any additional questions, or need anything else, please feel free to email me privately at
    Justin@Pangolin.com.

Take care, and happy lasering!

P.S. Be sure to check out our Video Testimonial Competition running right now (we made a post about this in “The Lounge”), where we are offering you a chance to win a FREE BEYOND Ultimate license for your QM2000 or Flashback 3 hardware.
    That definitely helps -

Thanks for clearing things up, Justin!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

ok so not sure why this was via email but heres the clarification from Justin...

Right now there is only one version of BEYOND, called the Special Launch Edition. In a way, it is like getting the Ultimate version of the software, because there is no other version available, and because it includes "some" of the features that Ultimate will eventually have... Like the 3-D drawing program.

So when 2.0 comes out, people who purchase or upgrade now will get the SLE, and the version of BEYOND they originally paid for. And you are correct in that you will not loose features when updating... So for example when 2.0 comes out, and you get the version of BEYOND you originally paid for, you will also be able to keep the SLE, and will not loose any of the features that came with it.
    so right now, if I am finally 100% correct (lol) if you get Beyond 1.0 or "SLE" theres no "versions" but once 2.0 comes out you can keep using the "SLE" and keep all those features, but the 2.0 will have the features of whatever package you upgraded to/own whatnot

which seems fine to me, besides some tweaking/bug fixing what I saw in the current "SLE" beyond has me pretty excited, can't wait for my first show using live abstract faders!! first friday here we come!!

Hey Guys,

What was written above by Flecom is correct. Looks like we got it all clarified ; )

Buy now and get BEYOND SLE... and, when 2.0 comes out, you will get the version of BEYOND you paid for, and will be able to keep the features which came with SLE.

I will also try and do a better job of keeping information like this public.

Take care guys!

Hey Guys,

What was written above by Flecom is correct. Looks like we got it all clarified ; )

Buy now and get BEYOND SLE... and, when 2.0 comes out, you will get the version of BEYOND you paid for, and will be able to keep the features which came with SLE.

I will also try and do a better job of keeping information like this public.

Take care guys!
    Thanks Justin

Flecom is correct.
    well theres a first time for everything

Hi,

What is still unclear to me:
    Is it possible to import all the old LD2000 Shows to Beyond? For me as an only casual show programmer it is a strong motivation to buy a software if it has enough already running shows included.
    At the last Laserfreak meeting in Regensburg, Bill said it will be possible to import all the LD2000 Shows to Beyond and ultimately to QS as well. While I don't believe the last one for Beyond it should be possible. Compare e.g. with LSX or Dynamics both have over 100 Shows included with the software and most of them are quite good.
    At the release of Beyond that feature was not there. So can I do that now?

Andreas

Beyond will be able to import LD2k shows, if I am correct current revisions CAN NOT import LD2k shows, but it IS a feature that is being worked on

This is correct. We are currently working on the bridge from LD2000 to BEYOND. It will be available soon.

Is the Quickshow content interchangeable with the beyond software?
    Can i take the cue's and QS shows and use them in the Beyond package?

They use the same "engine"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Is the Quickshow content interchangeable with the beyond software?
    Can i take the cue's and QS shows and use them in the Beyond package?

They use the same "engine"
    Yes.

Cues are fine. At the moment shows are proving slightly more tricky (there are still one or two minor discrepancies) but they do import and will work perfectly eventually.

The only thing you can't do is Export from Beyond to QS as QS won't read Beyond content.

One of the best things about Beyond over QS (creation power apart which is exponentially larger) is also the simplest though - the preview window. The renderings are very realistic and translucent unlike in QS which makes it much easier to visualise your show.
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-24-2011 at 00:54.