Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The LD to BEYOND bridge for content should be ready for the 2.0 release tentatively set for November... I am not aware of the exact date though.
    Will this be free for those on the initial BEYOND or will this only be in the first pay version?
    leading in trailing technology

Free. See LaserMarketerJTP above ( yesterday).

BEYOND setup question.

I was hoping to be able to use the Quick Setup from the Settings menu, but it does not seem to be there. It shows how to use it in the help file, so I thought having LD2000 installed disabled that since it is using the settings from it.

Wanting to use only BEYOND on it's own computer, I thought if I uninstalled LD2000 and got rid of the LD2000.ini file the Quick Setup would appear, but nope. Next plan was to uninstall BEYOND too and reinstall it, but without LD2000 installed clicking on the BEYOND install file does nothing.

Is there a way to use BEYOND without LD2000 installed? And is there a way to access the Quick Setup feature in BEYOND?

BTW what is it you're trying to alter in Beyond?

If its colour / laser type etc your other option is to go to the "Settings" menu in Beyond then Projector Settings.

If that doesn't give you the options you want then Delete the Info file in the Beyond folder.

I was just trying to see how to change the setup in BEYOND from an RGB to a RB so I could switch the program to fit which projector I'm using without having to go into LD2000 to make the changes. I guess BEYOND is not a stand alone program like I thought it was....

It is but as standard offers R, RGY, RGB and RGV options. There may be custom settings to let you do other combinations, I'm unsure without having a play as I've never delved into those options.

Anyway, main workspace > Settings > Projector Settings and colour set up is in there.

It's not in my BEYOND, and from the help file under Color Settings it says available for Flashback 3 only. I don't have a Color Settings tab in the Projector Settings box. All the palate and zone settings for BEYOND are from the LD2000.ini file.

I guess all I can do is change things from LD2000. Apparently BEYOND is just another part of LD2000 like Showtime and Autoplay are....

Yeah maybe its because your on an QM 2000 board then. I'm on a Fb3 and it writes an info file to the Beyond folder, obviously on the QM its different.

On the Fb3 it seems that you only have the set options unless I've missed something so maybe QM Beyond is more advanced after all.

Comparing my QuickShow to BEYOND, they are different in the setup part yes. During the install there was no option to setup the projector. It just installed and took the LD2000 settings and off it went.

In QuickShow I can choose a 2 color projector (it says choose this if you have a Red / Green or a Red / Blue) but choosing it only sets RG, and I have a RB, so I can't use QuickShow for the RB projectors and get R, B and P. Only option with QuickShow is setting it as a Purple only single color laser.

It is what it is...

In QuickShow I can choose a 2 color projector (it says choose this if you have a Red / Green or a Red / Blue) but choosing it only sets RG, and I have a RB, so I can't use QuickShow for the RB projectors and get R, B and P. Only option with QuickShow is setting it as a Purple only single color laser.
    What it means is that if you have a 2 colour laser, use the R and G modulation lines, regardless of what the colours are. The same way that if you have a single colour laser, you should connect it to the Red line, regardless of what the colour actually is. So in your case, put the blue on the green line and you're good to go.

Obviously, if you have a RG and an RB projector, you will need different DACs for each configuration, but that is nothing new. Or simply set it up as RGB and accept the black moments when it's projecting the colour thats missing.

so maybe QM Beyond is more advanced after all
    I'm not sure about your definition of 'advanced' but in the modern days of easy to use UI's, that doesn't strike me as being more advanced than the FB3 setup. I think its more a product of Beyond being fundamentally an extrapolation of a natively FB3 based product (QS), and in porting it to the QM, certain parts of the software 'infrastructure' need to be worked around - albeit a bit messily currently. I would suspect that some of this will appear all neat and tidy in 2.x releases of Beyond, with full setting being available in the base application (speculation, but I'd see that as a natural evolution - unless of course its not seen as worth the bother, and FB3.net will spell the end of the QM...) [conspiratorial winky]
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.