Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    What it means is that if you have a 2 colour laser, use the R and G modulation lines, regardless of what the colours are. The same way that if you have a single colour laser, you should connect it to the Red line, regardless of what the colour actually is. So in your case, put the blue on the green line and you're good to go.
    Seems like it would have been easier to just give 3 choices (RG - RB - BG) in the software rather than having to rewire things.

Seems like it would have been easier to just give 3 choices (RG - RB - BG) in the software rather than having to rewire things
    Well, that depends. The method I've described is what I understand to be the universally accepted way of connecting up laser modules to the ILDA port when there are less than 3 colours present.
    If they deviated from that, people with commercial projectors wired up the usual way suddenly find they don't work 'right'.
    It also means that a RG and BR and a GB projector can all coexist on the same ILDA cable run without dropouts.

The manufacturer could well concede that it is not, in fact, the software at fault, but your implementation of the wiring
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Oo! The latest version of BEYOND has a whole bunch of cool-sounding networking stuff in it! "Enable beacon"... not sure if it does owt, to be fair, and the only reason I have it is that I complained (rather reasonably) that DMX was broken in the preceding build!

lots of new network related stuff, interesting to see where this leads to.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Can't seem to find this feature in beyond. Is there a way to reverse the short animation sequences within or loaded into Beyond?

Networking as mentioned by posters above, is yet to come.

I doubt anyone testing Beyond is going to say anything much as what's in the next version is very much a secret until release.

You'll just have to wait!

Can anyone explain a (new?) function in BEYOND?
    Right click on a cue and then from the "create" option is "New WriteOut"........
    I can't make any sense of it!

Edit.......some half an hour later i am starting to understand it.........................i think....
    Last edited by andyh; 12-12-2011 at 14:24.

Can I just take a moment to politely remind everyone that testers shouldn't be talking about new features in the as yet unreleased version 2.0 on the boards. Existing features fine, but new features should be kept to private conversations only. I rather fear Pangolin may stop public testing if this continues.

Excuse me?
    WhoTF are you?
    I am NOT a tester - i have purchased BEYOND and therefore surely have every right to ask about it?

I have version 1 and it is an existing feature in the version I have - if it were not then it wouldn't be there for me ask the question.
    Last edited by andyh; 12-13-2011 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Can I just take a moment to politely remind everyone that testers shouldn't be talking about new features in the as yet unreleased version 2.0 on the boards. Existing features fine, but new features should be kept to private conversations only. I rather fear Pangolin may stop public testing if this continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Excuse me?
    WhoTF are you?
    I am NOT a tester - i have purchased BEYOND and therefore surely have every right to ask about it?

I have version 1 and it is an existing feature in the version I have - if it were not then it wouldn't be there for me ask the question.
    now, this should be interesting

"its called character briggs..."