Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Is there a comprehensive manual available for Beyond 3D? I have the quick start guide but am struggling with it.
    I could extend it at some point. Could you tell me where you are struggling?

Best regards,

Pieterjan

Hi Pieterjan and thank you for responding.
    I have never used any 3D modelling software before, it is 100% new to me.
    So i am struggling from the very beginning.

Andy.

I have a couple of questions about Beyond.

The first one is "how did I do this"?

It is an animation created from within "Beyond". I am new to animation & I have no idea what option(s) I selected to create this. I had two objects, a "stick figure" and a "palm tree". somehow they dissolve into just a thread. It is much like pulling a stray thread on a sweater and the whole thing unraveling. I have not been able reproduce it.

The second question is for anyone using Beyond who is not new to lasers/animation/3D. I've got a lot of questions about using the program. Perhaps someone could provide some pointers.

Further to my quest for help with BEYOND 3D -
    How do the 3D features in LD2000 compare to that of BEYOND? If at all similar, would LD2000 3D instructions help me with BEYOND 3D??
    And if so, from where could i find such instructions?
    (i see from the previous post belonging to ProfessorBeatz, I am not the only one in need of guidance.)

Default Beyond Documentation

With regard to documentation, I basically asked Pangolin the same question "is there documentation for existing products that would help me understand Beyond?". I was told that the Quickshow documentation was the closest thing to Beyond documentation at the moment (and that LD2000 doc. would not help). Of course, QS does not have the 3D components. It's designed to be accessible to the casual user, not as a "chain saw" for the power user (i.e. Beyond).

-> ProfessorBeatz...
    Well that's a shame and also very unhelpful of them.
    I find it rather annoying that, despite what an excellent product it (BEYOND) is, they (Pangolin) are unable to provide any support but were more than happy to take my money.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good the software is, if you can't use it you might as well have not bothered!
    Maybe someone from Pangolin will pick up on this thread and be able to provide some help..........................

Andy

Have you been in touch with MasterPJ? I believe he wrote the help file for Beyond 3D.

He's brilliant with the 3D section of Beyond and has created some fabulous content, he's quite young (compared to me ), but is extremely helpful if you ask him nicely. It may be also helpful if you come up with a few specific questions to ask him rather than just saying 'can you help me with Beyond 3D'.

Cheers

Jem

P.S. Just noticed that Pieter has already commented earlier in the thread...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    -> ProfessorBeatz...
    Well that's a shame and also very unhelpful of them.
    I find it rather annoying that, despite what an excellent product it (BEYOND) is, they (Pangolin) are unable to provide any support but were more than happy to take my money.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good the software is, if you can't use it you might as well have not bothered!
    Maybe someone from Pangolin will pick up on this thread and be able to provide some help..........................
    Its not them not supporting you. Its about the fact that the help documents form a part of Beyond 2.0 (I don' think there were any released with version 1.0) and Beyond 2.0 isn't on release yet. I'm guessing because the help files may contain help for features not yet released, that's why the help documents aren't currently generally available as they don't won't competitors to get wind of what their new features are pre-release.

No doubt when Beyond 2.0 is released and you get the FREE upgrade, then you'll get all the new documentation as well.

In the meantime as Jem said, you could talk to PJ who's somewhat of a 3D expert.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Its not them not supporting you. Its about the fact that the help documents form a part of Beyond 2.0 (I don' think there were any released with version 1.0) and Beyond 2.0 isn't on release yet. I'm guessing because the help files may contain help for features not yet released, that's why the help documents aren't currently generally available as they don't won't competitors to get wind of what their new features are pre-release.

No doubt when Beyond 2.0 is released and you get the FREE upgrade, then you'll get all the new documentation as well.

In the meantime as Jem said, you could talk to PJ who's somewhat of a 3D expert.
    I have BEYOND (albeit v1.4) with 3D working - i have the FREE upgrade.

My point is Andy, Beyond 2.0 isn't released hence the reason why the docs aren't in general circulation.

Beyond v.2.0 release version ie non beta build, will be the major free upgrade.

However, email Pangolin as per his post above and I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for, he's the CEO. How's that for service!