Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 410

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Utrecht The Netherlands
    Posts
    717

    Default

    well, if it is july 16th then lets go ahead with the info ;-), need more input !!!!

    Michel

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    i'm very sure pangolin is very busy.
    Mind you that they have a lot of clients and everyone wants to be the first.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Default

    I see the different levels were agreed upon; are the details for each level available? I am surprised there is nothing on the Pangolin website about the release.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I see the different levels were agreed upon; are the details for each level available? I am surprised there is nothing on the Pangolin website about the release.
    A little more information about the level differences:
    Quote: "We are still finalizing what features will go in each of the different levels of the software, and this is why for the time being,
    we are releasing the "Special Launch Edition" of the software."

    Please be patience, I expect that the new website of Beyond with all the information will be released soon and I do not want say too much
    http://www.collimated.com/Documents/...imated_PL3.png
    Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Also nice to know is, that if you upgrade your existing package to beyond, all future beyond updates are free for the lifespan of the product.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    282

    Default

    You dont loose LD2000. You get additional software which also works on ld2000. (if i am correctly informed)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Sorry.. I disagree.. Try to do smpte with it, use art-net or some other large venue requirements

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Live pro and Quickshow should not be compared.
    Live pro is an amazing product of pangolin and is used all the big gigs
    More pangolin users can agree that Live pro is one of pangolins best created product, lets see if BEYOND will beat it.

    QM2k is actually made for professional show creation, to sell off.
    At least in my opinion, hence all the tools for QM2k.
    QM2k is there for a quite a while, I agree. But certainly no reason to hammer it in the ground.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    To be fair, this has been coming a long time. It doesn't take much insight to see where the Pangolin controller market was going. FB3 is sufficient for 95% of the users out there, if you are in the other 5% you pay a premium for the extras you won't get on FB3. But as you say, there are workarounds, and in the media control world, ots of options are avalable now that weren't 5 or 10 years ago.
    http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems
    http://www.frikkinlazors.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    More pangolin users can agree that Live pro is one of pangolins best created product, lets see if BEYOND will beat it
    If Beyond live control is also designed to be a successor for LivePro, I'd like to see some sort of upgrade path from that application too.

    At the moment, Beyond actually doesn't interest me as I don't do show creation, and I already own LivePro.
    http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems
    http://www.frikkinlazors.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •