Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Andy and Beatz,

Please contact me directly by email and provide your serial number.

There is a new version of B available (to those who ask)...
    You (Aaron MacDonald) provided me with a link to v1.40 only last week.
    Unless there is a newer release which has help files relating to the 3D element, it's not going to help?

Pangolin (no number "1" after the name) is Bill Benner, CEO of Pangolin.

I suspect Pangolin1 is Aaron although I've only ever dealt with Aaron under his non Pangolin name.

Also, the version number is not so important as the build number as there may be many builds within each version.

I normally don't confirm build numbers but as others have have posted this elsewhere on here today, the latest build is 425 to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Pangolin (no number "1" after the name) is Bill Benner, CEO of Pangolin.

I suspect Pangolin1 is Aaron although I've only ever dealt with Aaron under his non Pangolin name.

Also, the version number is not so important as the build number as there may be many builds within each version.

I normally don't confirm build numbers but as others have have posted this elsewhere on here today, the latest build is 425 to my knowledge.
    Hi White-Light and thanks but 425 is what i am running.

I have replied to you via your email address on this site.
    Thank you.
    Andy

FYI, I am "Ole McDonald"... I have been providing build 399 as the latest build up until last Friday. The latest build I have seen is 424, but I try to stay a few builds back for stability sake.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    FYI, I am "Ole McDonald"... I have been providing build 399 as the latest build up until last Friday. The latest build I have seen is 424, but I try to stay a few builds back for stability sake.
    In that case, thank you.
    You sent me a link on March 27 to v 1.40. I then downloaded and installed build 425 from the j*iv**g** site.
    So it appears I am running the latest v.
    This was a major update to the previous version I was running.
    But my problem still remains - how to use the 3D......!!!!!

Andy

First let me say that 3D programs can be hard to grasp... Unlike QuickShow, it's not the kind of thing where you're going to stumble out of bed and just start using it.

Our program is like a cross between 3D Studio MAX and Cinema 4D -- closer to Cinema 4D, with some Maya thrown in. In addition to some workflow based on these programs, we've tried to craft B3D to be easier to use than any other 3D program. But still -- it's a 3D program, and I already said 3D programs are hard...

Bradfo69 (I think that's his handle) made a video of me demonstrating the overall BEYOND program, and in particular, B3D. If he can make his video available, then that will be helpful.

We do have some newer documentation in-house, but it's still under development. Brad's video is probably your best bet right now.

However, another great resource will be Peterjan, who also wrote the little help file you see that comes along with B3D. However, the help file assumes you're already familiar with 3D programs. (Frankly, all 3D program help files make this same assumption...)

We're also going to be producing an introductory video very soon.

Bill

PS: It's likely that a book on Cinema 4D or generalized 3D programs will help tremendously. I'll try to locate one or more, and then recommend them.
    Last edited by Pangolin; 05-04-2012 at 08:34.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I just saw this. Thank you Bill for noticing and remembering! Yes, I taped the majority of your excellent demo although I have to admit that by the time we got to the 3D stuff, I stopped recording as 1) My arm was getting tired from holding the camera and b) you prefaced that part by saying that one really needed to have some familiarity with 3D programs and, as I'm lucky to be able to draw a circle in Microsoft Paintbrush, figured it was a good time to grab a beverage and a bathroom break. Sorry guys!!!! (Hey, I'm honest.) I hope to get the video I do have uploaded somewhere shortly and will post a link. Is there still a 10 minute limit on Youtube? (May be time to learn about Vimeo or whatever it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    First let me say that 3D programs are hard to use. Sorry, they just are... Unlike QuickShow, it's not the kind of thing where you're going to stumble out of bed and just start using it.

Our program is like a cross between 3D Studio MAX and Cinema 4D -- closer to Cinema 4D, with some Maya thrown in. In addition to some workflow based on these programs, we've tried to craft B3D to be easier to use than any other 3D program. But still -- it's a 3D program, and I already said 3D programs are hard...

Bradfo69 (I think that's his handle) made a video of me demonstrating the overall BEYOND program, and in particular, B3D. If he can make his video available, then that will be helpful.

We do have some newer documentation in-house, but it's still under development. Brad's video is probably your best bet right now.

However, another great resource will be Peterjan, who also wrote the little help file you see that comes along with B3D. However, the help file assumes you're already familiar with 3D programs. (Frankly, all 3D program help files make this same assumption...)

Bill

PS: It's likely that a book on Cinema 4D or generalized 3D programs will help tremendously. I'll try to locate one or more, and then recommend them.
    Hi Bill,
    I appreciate that 3D programs are hard to use and, maybe for that very reason, it would be useful to have some basic help for those of us who have never touched one previously.
    That being said, I am pleased to say I am beginning to make some inroads into Pieterjan's Quick Start Guide included in the BEYOND software. I shall continue in that direction but if you are able to suggest a book that would help, I would be extremely grateful.

Andy, I may have a book or 2 on an old copy of 3D Studio Max (2.5 or 3 I think) in the garage. It may give a basic understanding for you. If you want to pay the shipping, I can send them down to you (assuming that's Hampsheere, Blighty, and not Hampsheyre, USA!)
    Maybe someone who knows about 3D can advise if these may be useful

edit: just checked, they're '3D Studio Max 2 Fundamentals' on Peterson/New Riders and '3D Studio Max R2.5 F/X and Design' on Coriolis/Creative Professionals Press

Let me know if you're interested
    Last edited by norty303; 04-04-2012 at 02:44.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.