Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Every 6 log-ins?
    That's not very helpful! Is there likely to be a way around it for the situation i described in my post?
    I really don't want to be carrying my FB3 with me on my hols...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    This is something I would send to us at the office; I have not heard of or experienced this but it is something I am sure Bill would like to hear about. If it happens again I would also take a screenshot of the error and see if there was a log file created to send to us also.
    There is no error message, it simply requires you to reconnect the FB3.
    As White-Light explains in his post - it is by (bad) design.....

Why not just take the FB3 with you as well? If its a QS version it's not as if they're massive. About the same as a mouse and less than a PSU. whilst I can see it might be a bit of a minor inconvenience, I can't see that it would stop you doing what you want to do.
    Count yourself lucky you don't have to have it connected every time you want to use the software.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Why not just take the FB3 with you as well? If its a QS version it's not as if they're massive. About the same as a mouse and less than a PSU. whilst I can see it might be a bit of a minor inconvenience, I can't see that it would stop you doing what you want to do.
    Count yourself lucky you don't have to have it connected every time you want to use the software.
    Hi Norty,

Whilst you are absolutley right, the FB3 is not massive to take with me. It's the value of it as opposed to the size and weight. It would be just my luck to have the airline loose my luggage or some such other "mishap". If there is no alternative, then that's what i shall have to do.
    By the way, any update on the suitability of the books you offered? I would be more than happy to pay the postage on them.

I think the best thing to do Andy is speak to Bill if you have a problem with the current connection regime. I'm sure there is a reason, maybe security but equally I'm sure there maybe some flexibility in what can be done as Pangolin are usually pretty good at listening to their customers.

By the way, any update on the suitability of the books you offered?
    I was kinda hoping that someone 'in the know' would chime in on this thread with some details. I acquired them some years ago, had a play around with 3DS, and then they went in a drawer and forgotten until now. So I don't know if the basics of 3D modelling and interfaces has moved on from then, or if it is still fundamentally the same.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I was kinda hoping that someone 'in the know' would chime in on this thread with some details. I acquired them some years ago, had a play around with 3DS, and then they went in a drawer and forgotten until now. So I don't know if the basics of 3D modelling and interfaces has moved on from then, or if it is still fundamentally the same.
    OK. Perhaps we'll wait a little longer in case someone picks up on it?

Regarding the issue with having to reconnect the FB3 every 6 uses. I received a mail from Bill along with a small application (PCID) which generates a code specific to the PC/Laptop.
    From this code a license file relating to the specific PC is produced! No more continuos re-activating.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

why in the world would this be a desirable feature?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    It's not a bug. Beyond currently requires you to reconnect the Fb3 every 6 restarts, its currently designed that way.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    why in the world would this be a desirable feature?
    I don't know. I'm guessing security.

It effectively stops you installing Betond on a mates computer, activating it once, and them having full access ever after. Although without a dac, I'm not sure how much use that is, other than perhaps encouraging the person buy some Pangolin hardware because they like the software so much.
    Frikkin Lasers