Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

think your better off with QS then...
    Personally, I think I'm better off with LivePRo but I'll wait and see what Beyond brings to the table before deciding to shell out £500+ for Beyond Lite
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Waiting is the best answer at the moment.
    My expectations are still high.

I would trade my house if a program would exist to create 3D models on the fly.
    you would earn 2 houses back if such a program exists.
    It's an big investment but it earns itself back quicker then you think.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    wow, so since an FB3 is worth about $500 I guess a QM2k system is now worth $600?

fuck that

like I said before

beyond = death of QM2k

why woudl anyone want a PCI card that costs more money, when you can get a tiny USB interface that costs less and now does the EXACT same thing?
    I would guess that when it comes down to rendering 3D, the FB3 will be far less capable than the QM 2000 controller.

After 10 years of free upgrades it was pretty obvious that Pangolin would reach a point whereby they'd have to charge for the next generation product, otherwise if they gave every new product out for free, where would the income come from? There aren't endless streams of new professional laserists buying to keep existing ones in free software and like any company Pangolin have wages to pay.

There's no other company out there that's given 10 years worth of free updates and I don't know of any company promising free future updates to its products for their entire lifespan so I reckon its all been a pretty good deal. After 10 years of freebies, a discounted purchase price on top, seems pretty generous.

Other companies have charged hundreds of dollars for every upgrade.

Also, remember the trade in price reflects the cost of the hardware which you keep. You're only paying for the software. I think the discount is for the fact that you don't need a new control board. Again many companies would have just sold you the new package.

3D studio was a predecessor of 3ds max, during the time of development it has completely changed.
    Certainly a recommendation to pick up again.
    Amiga.. now THATS antique!

though 6 color channels sure is cool for an awsome beast of an projector with many different color modules other then just RGB.
    also you do know you can color balance 2 projectors with 1 QM2k.
    I call that an awsome trick.

Beyond is using the FB3 and QM2k as a frame buffer, their output should be exactly the same... nothing is "rendered" in hardware anymore
    I'd be very surprised if Bill built the Fb3 to exceed QM2000 specification, he's not daft! There's almost certain to be advantages to the QM somewhere.

..and even if there weren't I don't think the differences between QS and Beyond will be limited to the interface colour...

again, why? you still have not convinced me that beyond is worth paying $745 to bring my QM up to date when it seems that everything I use is in the beyond based QS2 already
    I think the only answer Fle is to wait and see.

Once Beyond is released and everything is out in the wash then you'll be in a better position to judge if its for you.

Flecom,

You assume your ld2000 is woth 600$ now beyond hits the market... (besides the fact that you got years of updates and support for it)
    i believe there are lots of people here who want your ld2000 intro for 600$
    You actually pay for using the device.. Most things are worthless after new versions arrive.
    And i still see QM32 sold for prices that i could not image befor i saw it.

But please, sell your ld2000.
    Saves us a lot of useless comments, which are based on assumtions and not on facts.

Thats not my point.

All your comments are based on assumtions. And most of them are incorrect.
    If your satisfied with QS.. go for it.

Thats your choise. But you announce that there are no differences, and you don't know half of it.