Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

How many years will this be in the works for????

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I would guess until the other more important stuff for Beyond 2.0 has been finished.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    "You will be able to do this shortly. Right now (July 17 2011), shows created with LD2000's Showtime program will not play back on Beyond systems. We expect to have this capability the end of July."
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120422...D/faq/faq.html

Three years this week.

The converter exists. Aaron McDonald has seen it used. It hasn't been released yet, but it IS working. (And has been for some time.)

My guess is that Bill wants to tweak it some more, and/or he's waiting to release it with the 2.0 version of Beyond. That might be the impetus needed to get people to upgrade. Just a guess on my part, but it seems logical.

Adam

Hi all,

Thanks for your input and enthusiasm! We've decided to abandon the bridge (hehe, bridge to nowhere...) in favor of something much better. The DIRECT ability to load Showtime shows into BEYOND. As Adam mentioned this does exist, and for some shows it works fine. For more complicated shows, some adjustments are needed. We are working on refining this right now and -- unlike in the past -- this is actually our current top priority.

At SELEM I'll show and discuss the latest version of BEYOND and discuss what we've been doing in the past year at Pangolin, and past few years with BEYOND. There are many updates and additions to BEYOND, including a full complement of help documents. We've also done quite a bit to BEYOND 3D as well, and I will demonstrate this with bones and animations imported from other 3D packages.

As always, if there are requests and desires, these are best handled by direct communication either with me or with Aaron at Pangolin. Neither Aaron nor I routinely monitor PL.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    For more complicated shows, some adjustments are needed. We are working on refining this right now and -- unlike in the past -- this is actually our current top priority.
    Would this happen be the way BEYOND displays abstracts? I read on a Pangolin forum thread that the analog abstracts from LD2K behave a little differently in BEYOND because of the way the BEYOND back-end multi-tasks. I was just curious. I just was saying, in the Abstract thread that Swamidog started, that this is my ONLY gripe with BEYOND, thus far. Everything else is top notch. Although, I am getting to know the Abstraction tool much better and am really starting to like how it works!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Would this happen be the way BEYOND displays abstracts?
    No, we're working on another area related exclusively to the timeline, and how effects are computed.

Currenly, direct import of LD2000 shows is allowed by a special license file. If you'd like to play around with us, send us a personal and direct email and we'll get a special license file into your hands.

I read on a Pangolin forum thread that the analog abstracts from LD2K behave a little differently in BEYOND because of the way the BEYOND back-end multi-tasks.
    Yes and no. Yes, that's the way it used to be, and you are probably reading an old response from me personally. But no -- that's not how it's supposed to work. Around a year ago we made a change and -- as far as I know, LD2000 and B work the same now.

If that's not the case then what we always need to solve any problem is: a) personal and direct emails (not PL forum posts); and b) example files demonstrating the problem. If we have these, then we can usually solve any problem pretty quickly, and I hope there are many here on PL who can attest that this combination provides good results.

...in the Abstract thread that Swamidog started...
    I am not aware of an "Abstract thread that Swamidog started" because I do not routinely monitor PL...

Although, I am getting to know the Abstraction tool much better and am really starting to like how it works!
    The version in BEYOND is an updated version of what was originally offered in LAStudio. You can see an old web page explaining it here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Abstraction.htm

You should be able to do everything you see on that page, plus a whole lot more. LivePRO abstracts can also be loaded into there as well.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 08-04-2014 at 23:47.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Hi bill,

The link is here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ight=Eye+melty

We'd love to see more eye melty beyond abstracts!

No, we're working on another area related exclusively to the timeline, and how effects are computed.

Currenly, direct import of LD2000 shows is allowed by a special license file. If you'd like to play around with us, send us a personal and direct email and we'll get a special license file into your hands.

Yes and no. Yes, that's the way it used to be, and you are probably reading an old response from me personally. But no -- that's not how it's supposed to work. Around a year ago we made a change and -- as far as I know, LD2000 and B work the same now.

If that's not the case then what we always need to solve any problem is: a) personal and direct emails (not PL forum posts); and b) example files demonstrating the problem. If we have these, then we can usually solve any problem pretty quickly, and I hope there are many here on PL who can attest that this combination provides good results.

I am not aware of an "Abstract thread that Swamidog started" because I do not routinely monitor PL...

The version in BEYOND is an updated version of what was originally offered in LAStudio. You can see an old web page explaining it here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Abstraction.htm

You should be able to do everything you see on that page, plus a whole lot more. LivePRO abstracts can also be loaded into there as well.

Bill
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi all,

Thanks for your input and enthusiasm! We've decided to abandon the bridge (hehe, bridge to nowhere...) in favor of something much better. The DIRECT ability to load Showtime shows into BEYOND. As Adam mentioned this does exist, and for some shows it works fine. For more complicated shows, some adjustments are needed. We are working on refining this right now and -- unlike in the past -- this is actually our current top priority.

At SELEM I'll show and discuss the latest version of BEYOND and discuss what we've been doing in the past year at Pangolin, and past few years with BEYOND. There are many updates and additions to BEYOND, including a full complement of help documents. We've also done quite a bit to BEYOND 3D as well, and I will demonstrate this with bones and animations imported from other 3D packages.

As always, if there are requests and desires, these are best handled by direct communication either with me or with Aaron at Pangolin. Neither Aaron nor I routinely monitor PL.

Best regards,

William Benner
    OK, now I REALLY need to figure out a way to get to SELEM this year!!
    I'll be in contact with you and/or Aaron reference the LD2000 / Beyond integration possibilities.

As a (likely) backup plan -
    Any chance the Pangolin presentations will be streamed and/or recorded for later viewing?

Thanks -

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Any chance the Pangolin presentations will be streamed and/or recorded for later viewing?
    This would be great. I am missing SELEM this year, but would love to see Bill's presentation.