Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

I will hold my comments until more information is available
    Last edited by flecom; 07-16-2011 at 16:00.

Quite a few details are emerging on the BEYOND web site (although a side-by-side comparison of the different versions of BEYOND would be nice...):

http://web.me.com/pmurph5/beyond/index.html

Last edited by Stuka; 07-16-2011 at 16:48.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post

www.PangolinBEYOND.com

BEYOND... The future of laser show creation technology has been custom built from the groundup, and combines the power
    and functionality of LD2000, together with the ease of use and speed of QuickShow. BEYOND will include new features that
    no other laser software on this planet has, truly making it the future of laser show creation technology.

In this first post you will find all information about the new Pangolin BEYOND software such as features, screenshots, pricing, hardware options ect.
    As soon as I can I will update this post with more information.

It is compatible with both the LD2000 and QuickShow systems, so users can create content in BEYOND, and move back and forth from either of these platforms.

Pricing of Beyond:

New Systems:

The BEYOND System comes with the option of using it with the FB3-QS or QM2000 hardware. Both hardware options work with BEYOND.

BEYOND Essentials: $1495
    BEYOND Advanced: $2495
    BEYOND Ultimate: $4995

Upgrade options LD2000:

LD2000 Intro Upgrade Options:
    Intro to BEYOND Essentials: $745
    Intro to BEYOND Advanced: $1745
    Intro to BEYOND Ultimate: $4245

LD2000 Basic Upgrade Options:
    Basic to BEYOND Essentials: $745
    Basic to BEYOND Advanced: $1245
    Basic to BEYOND Ultimate: $3745

LD2000 PRO Upgrade Options:
    PRO to BEYOND Essentials: $745
    PRO to BEYOND Advanced: $1245
    PRO to BEYOND Ultimate: $2495

Upgrade options FB3-QS:

QS to BEYOND Essentials: $895
    QS to BEYOND Advanced: $1895
    QS to BEYOND Ultimate: $4395

Screen Shots of Beyond:

Francesco -

Is there a link somewhere to a chart that shows a side-by-side comparison of the different features / limitations of the different versions of BEYOND?
    (similar to the LD2000 comparison charts on the main Pangolin web site)

Thanks -

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Is there a link somewhere to a chart that shows a side-by-side comparison of the different features / limitations of the different versions of BEYOND?
    (similar to the LD2000 comparison charts on the main Pangolin web site)
    I am also eagerly waiting said comparisons... thats basically all I have been waiting for actually

also anyone notice this little gem?

Since the FB3 uses a USB 2.0 interface, it is limited to the length of a USB cable -- about 5 meters (16 feet). If you are using FB3s at a greater distance, you will need a FB.net extension box. This is currently in development at Pangolin; we expect it to be available in the fourth quarter of 2011. Up to four FB3s can be put in one extension box. Communication between your Beyond computer and the FB.net extension box is done over standard TCP/IP networking, either wired or wireless. We recommend wired networking due to its higher reliability in critical applications such as concerts and stadium shows.
    THIS I really want to hear about!

FB.net sounds like a small computer.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

some questions, the website says

Normal Beyond pricing (no upgrade)
    There are three levels of Beyond, just as there are three levels of Lasershow Designer. We have been able to keep the new Beyond prices the same as the older LD2000 prices. Here are the retail prices:
    Beyond Essentials, $1995
    Beyond Advanced, $2495
    Beyond Ultimate, $4995
    but pangolin's website says

Miscellaneous LD2000 Pro LD2000 Basic LD2000 Intro
    U.S. Suggested List price $4995 $2495 $1495
    also... just going to say this, from what we can see so far...

$1500 Beyond

$500 QS2

$1500 Beyond

$500 QS2

Last edited by flecom; 07-16-2011 at 21:21.

First BEYOND 3D graphics animation is now available on http://www.pangolinshows.com
    Showing how fairly impressive 3D scenes can be made by just using standard objects!

This was made in literally a few minutes and acts mostly as a demonstration.
    it's in .LDS format so it can be played on LD2000 systems and BEYOND.

From the Beyond Web Site:

New features in Beyond
    Beyond gives you the ease-of-use of Pangolin’s QuickShow, with the power of our best-selling Lasershow Designer 2000. Here’s a quick rundown of the new and improved features:

Easy-to-use: Beyond is built on the user interface of QuickShow, which was designed to get beginners going fast. If you already know QuickShow, Beyond will be very familiar to you. Yet under the hood there are more settings and much greater control.

Modern interface: Beyond has a sleek new look we call “classy and glassy”. It’s more modern than the Windows 2000 style used in Lasershow Designer 2000.

New layer-based drawing: If you use Photoshop, you know how helpful layers are. Now you can work on different lasers in a single laser frame. This makes it much easier to work on some areas of the image, without affecting other areas.

New object-oriented drawing: When creating a frame, Beyond keeps track of what you draw as single objects. For example, a line is not just a sequence of points. Beyond remembers it as a line object. If you want to stretch or shrink the line, just grab an endpoint and move. Beyond will automatically reposition and renumber the points for you.

New spline (curve) tool: You can now create curves just as easily as lines. Click to set the start and endpoints, then pull the spline handle to stretch and shape a curve.

New Visual Scripting: Beyond has QuickTools, just like in the QuickShow program. Plus, the QuickTools can now be scripted using a simple visual interface, to create even more complex laser effects.

Unified architecture: Beyond is a single program with all major features built-in, such as drawing, editing, timeline, playing live, abstract generation, and even 3D objects. (This is opposed to LD2000, which is a suite of different, individual programs from Pangolin and third-parties.)

Works on all Pangolin hardware: Beyond runs on our existing QM2000 board and Flashback card. (If you already have an LD2000 system, be sure to check out our special upgrade pricing.)

Controls multiple projectors: A single Beyond program can run QM2000s and/or Flashbacks in multiple projectors.

Work on multiple shows simultaneously: You can now have more than one show open at a single time. This is perfect for live performance, when you want the ability to quickly switch between different shows.

Up to 100 beam positions, which goes far beyond the limit of ___ in QuickShow. Further, the beam positions can be animated.

Virtually unlimited projection zones: You can set over 1000 different zones for the projector. This makes it much easier to put graphics and beams onto many different targets such as multiple screens.

Complete laser CAD built-in: Beyond Ultimate includes a 3D modeling and animation program. It’s like 3D Studio MAX or Cinema 4D, but it is designed and optimized for laser. This means you don’t have to buy any other CAD program. (If you already have other CAD programs, we continue to sell our conversion plug-ins, so you can output laser graphics from MAX or Cinema 4D scenes.)

Best of all, Beyond will continuously be updated. As we add new features, you will get them absolutely free! There is never a charge for software updates to new and improved versions of Beyond. So you can be assured that in five or ten years you will still have the most state-of-the-art, most up-to-date lasershow software.

© 2011 Pa

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    First BEYOND 3D graphics animation is now available on http://www.pangolinshows.com
    Showing how fairly impressive 3D scenes can be made by just using standard objects!

This was made in literally a few minutes and acts mostly as a demonstration.
    it's in .LDS format so it can be played on LD2000 systems and BEYOND.
    I am guessing, roughly 95% of the pangolin users here are NOT going to spend $5000 on "beyond reach around edition" to get the 3D stuff

is it cool, sure, is this what EVERYONE has been waiting for? meh

anyway, I am still eagerly awaiting the version comparisons and actual new features over QS2 besides the slightly improved timeline NLE interface

Hi all,
    five days ago I was watching the Quickshow demo videos because I would like to purchase a laser system to project 3d laser drawings.
    I never heard about Pangolin.
    I use 3ds since the first dos release, now I do photorealistic renderings with Max 2012 and Vray, I'm not a laserist, I donno now what is an rgb laser system and what can do.
    But a 3d artist wants more every day, feels the space and geometry differently, spend all the time learning softwares, techniques, spends all his money in hardware, it's a passion.
    I think that today with current lasers on the market is impossible to draw a 3d scene with 1 million of vectors for example,...but this is the future, Beyond is the answer.
    I asked to myself, while I was watching those videos...: "why Pangolin doesn't use the dark Autodesk interface?...why Pangolin doesn't implement a 3d integrated editor?...why Quickshow doesn't import vector files like dwg, adobe illustrator or similar without vectorize logos?"
    Ok, I asked to myself several questions...being me a 3d artist that uses this tools every day.
    After 3-4 days i found this site and many informations on the web about laser, lasershows, laserists, scanners, filters, nanometers, etc. I said: "oh my god, I have to learn everything...and I have to spend a lot of money"
    Today I discover that Pangolin has released a new software for 3d artists...the same Autodesk interface...same icons, a mix between Cinema 4D and 3ds Max, incredible but true, they did the software that I was dreaming...
    5000 dollars for a software that drives a multitude of laser systems probably is very high...But many 3d artists like me are interested to do 3d laser projections together with video projections, stereoscopic too...perhaps using only 3 lasers.
    I hope that Pangolin will create only one line of softwares called Beyond eliminating Quickshow and including some basic 3d modeling and animation. I could create the animation with Max or Maya and then import it inside Beyond basic using the fbx format. I think that Max or Maya animation is beyond Beyond and cost less. In Beyond I don't think we have particles, rigid body dynamics, inverse cinematic and many more animated features.
    Importing fbx/collada animations in Beyond could be a good idea for those who have already purchased a 3d software.
    I hope that someone in Pangolin is reading me...