Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Since they want to support both, there is still things to be able to be improved with lc-max.
    LC-flash has indeed not updated, but that doesn't mean it still can.
    It's not broken. Seen the ASDF movie laser show? well that was lc-flash alright.
    Just because something doesn't work as you want it to doesn't mean it's broken flecom, be a bit fair here ok ?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Since they want to support both, there is still things to be able to be improved with lc-max.
    LC-flash has indeed not updated, but that doesn't mean it still can.
    It's not broken. Seen the ASDF movie laser show? well that was lc-flash alright.
    Just because something doesn't work as you want it to doesn't mean it's broken flecom, be a bit fair here ok ?
    something that can only work reliably with Flash 3 files is broken

we have had

Flash 4
    Flash 5
    Flash MX
    Flash MX 2004
    Flash 8
    Flash CS3
    Flash CS4
    Flash CS5

since then

flecom it works with the newer flashes too.
    There are 2 things that can prevent lc-flash from working.
    - Actionscript
    - Menu's at the beginning of the animations

If you are interested in fixing this: look at my guide on the pangolin forum.
    There's a PDF explaining you how to solve this problem.
    It involves 1 time decompiling a flash and then removing 2 of the first frames and thats it

It's not broken but requires you to change the flash from time to time.
    If you really want something to work and it doesn't email the flash to me and Ill fix it up for you ok?

heres one right here

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...?highlight=fla

no action scripts, no menu's

what say ye?

This is a fault the creator made.
    Here's the fix:
    save your FLA to Flash MX 2004 and then back to Flash 8 – this will clear all enhanced stroke information
    The enchanced stroke information is not an global supported thing anyway. In fact it makes no sense XD
    I can understand why LC-flash didn't support this.
    To not make this happen the next time. please do not set your publish settings to flash 8 but to 7 or 6 before drawing a stroke.
    It's because flash thinks it's funny to make an enchanced stroke of it.

Did this provide a clear answer for you?

Flash has mostly changed with its versions and uses of actionscripts, the rest has been kept the same so animations you make in the latest flash (CS5) Which i happen to have work like a charm

all of the Flash CS versions will default to that

so any flash content you find will be useless, and any you make you have to jump through hoops to make work...

so ok, maybe its not broken, but just really outdated/abandoned

so to say its still going to be supported is kind of insane considering they are already like 6 versions behind... and it has a pretty limited market as is... just like LC-Max... how many copies do you think they really sold of either?

I have no idea about the sale's flecom it's not what is my bussiness.
    LC-flash is outdated yes, but remember pangolin likely sets their priorities and shifts to a next one from time to time, probly lc-flash will get an update. you'll never know really.
    lc-flash is version behind i agree. but it actually works with the new flashes too.
    If you want to use content you find: decompile it first.
    If it has a menu: remove the first frames *which are for the menu* it will work on most cases after you do that. I myself tinkered to improve lc-flashes compatibility and decompiling and the republishing was the best solution i figured.

To decompile a flash you need a program like sothink swf decompiler.
    If you need more assistance ask for my help by email or by PM ok?
    I feel a bit like i'm spamming this thread.
    Also I can understand some peoples get a flood of emails from our thread messaged. XD

pretty sure PL's email notifications have been broken for a long time, I have not gotten a PM email in years...

anyway why would they update LC-Flash (or ANY of the LC series) if LD2000 is end of life?

I really *really* doubt pangolin is going to be actively supporting 2 products... with beyond everything is now one platform QS2/Beyond FB3/QM2k

when I asked bill about LivePRO updates I was told it would not be getting any more updates... and I have a feeling the same is going to go for LD2000... its all EOL

and I really don't think thats a bad thing... they are old, buggy, and pretty outdated interfaces etc... Beyond is a step in the right direction, but I really believe they missed the point in the pricing

The reason why LivePro is getting no more updates is because the code got messy actually.
    It sounds kind of stupid, but yeah.. that's the reason :P