Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Imagine if microsoft stopped developing a program because their "code got messy"

lol I really can't comment on it :P but lets keep the discussion to BEYOND kay?

heres my main issues...

Upgrade options LD2000:

LD2000 Intro Upgrade Options:
    Intro to BEYOND Essentials: $745

Upgrade options FB3-QS:

QS to BEYOND Essentials: $895

Why when I paid $1000 more for my QM2k do I only save $100?

Mind you the FB3 is a small, portable USB device (which soon is getting a .NET interface that will support 4x FB3's in one interface)

my QM required an extra $695 .NET interface to make it portable-ish (still need line voltage)

so...

QM+.NET = $2190 + upgrade to beyond = $2395 for portable beyond with a QM
    FB3 = $500 + upgrade to beyond = $1395

see my problem?

I own both a FB3 and a QM2k and I would be more inclined to upgrade the FB3 than the QM at that point... which is a problem because the QM was a lot more $$$ that went Pangolin's way

also we need to await a real features list, but what is $895 buying you over QS2? a slightly better timeline editor? I guess we will find out... but I predict it really wont be worth the money to upgrade from QS2 to Beyond unless they cripple QS2 by removing features (which would not surprise me)

I'm an objective guy and think a lot of what Pangolin's done.

I have to 100% agree with your points though Flecom (perhaps not your tone)! Owning both QM and FB3 devices, I like the possibility of being able to drive both in one session, but that's it for me. So the value proposition's just not there for me right now (or it's not yet clear what it is).

hrmm, maybe my tone is coming across to harsh... I am a long time pangolin user (not as long as a lot of other people here) but I do like Pangolin and their products, they just make some really bone-headed decisions sometimes (see the giant rant about additional QM cards last year - which bill promised would be addressed in the future - so far that has not really materialized) and that frustrates me... because they are crippling a great product and/or their customers by making (IMHO) stupid decisions

I am really getting to the point of saying f-it and looking for another software package... when I bought my QM you either had a QM or you went home... now there is a LOT of competition that does a lot (hell LSX for example does things LD2k cant do and beyond is only now introducing)

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    hrmm, maybe my tone is coming across to harsh...
    Byeeeeeeee

Good news is your pangolin kit has resale value , hell i have seen the stuff sell for more than buying direct from pangolin.

Helloooooooooooo

Wow your back already , you had forgotten about the free lifetime upgrades , and the simply fact your lasers operate
    brighter and have mopre stabilty the second you plug pangolin , its OK all is forgiven , your a laserist , we still love ya

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Does anyone know if Beyond is already available?

another question is: what's the difference between the pci board and the breakout box? Why the pci board has all those integrated circuits?

I would like to know if is possible to drive a laser projector over wi-fi. Why ilda use the old parallel printer cable? Today every electronic unit is driven by ethernet tcp-ip protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    you had forgotten about the free lifetime upgrades
    really that means I get beyond for free?? oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    really that means I get beyond for free?? oh wait...
    Free lifetime upgrades to existing software. Beyond is a brand new programme as you well know.

Also, kind of hard to see you problem with the discounts:

LD 2000 Pricing: http://www.lasershowequipment.net/la...wsoftware.html

LD 2000 Intro: $1,495

LD 2000 Basic: $2,495

LD 2000 Pro: $4,995

On like for like upgrades, Pangolin are offering you:

Beyond Essentials for $745 - That's $1,495 retail - $745 trade up = $750 Discount or 50% Discount

Beyond Advanced for $1,245 - That's $2,495 retail - $1,245 trade up = $1,250 Discount or 50% Discount

Beyond Ultimate for $2,495- That's $4,995 retail - $2,450 trade up = $2,545 Discount or 51% Discount

Name me any other software company that after 10 years is prepared to offer you 50% of the cost of your software back. I doubt you'll find one willing to do it after 1 year.

Name me any other software company that after 10 years is prepared to offer you 50% of the cost of your software back. I doubt you'll find one willing to do it after 1 year.
    Dear mr Baur, Medialas,
    I currently use your laserpainter software with corresponding hardware, could I please have 50% discount on your lastest mamba black release ?

/ontopic

I would really like to see this page only for BEYOND.