Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Hehe yeah, my 3D "experience" stops after basically Solidworks/Sketchup, not really used for entertainment purposes. But, I'm getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I agree with what you wrote above. Unlike QuickShow and even some of BEYOND, using a 3D animation and modeling program is not like rolling out of bed. Some 3D programs are downright nonintuitive. We've tried to make B3D as intuitive as possible, and tried to blend the best ideas from 3D Studio MAX, Cinema 4D and MAYA. Still, it's a 3D modeling and animation program, so some training (video or otherwise) is going to be necessary to get meaningful results.

As time permits, we'll work on some more advanced tutorials, covering the animation editor (there is a timeline built into B3D as well) lighting, shading, shadows, textures, creating your own objects, creating hierarchical models (like robots and other things with "joints") etc. In the mean time, you should check out those "Creative Cow Podcasts" for Cinema 4D, since they cover the fundamentals.

At their roots, all 3D programs are similar. If you know the fundamentals, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out B3D. For example, Pieterjan (Master PJ here on PL) was able to figure out the entire B3D program before we had even a single word of documentation. He was able to do this, because he is already familiar with other 3D programs.

Best regards,

William Benner
    Thats correct, B3D carries similarity of 3ds max and C4D a lot.
    Mostly C4D, especially in the earlier stages.
    In later stages it got more similarity in 3ds max regarding control and such.

I'm currently too buzy myself to make a video tutorial but next month I got time to eleborate things if you'd like bill.

A tried finding a book, while Creative Cow podcasts are really good it's recommended to spoonfeed through a video in the native program itself.
    Various subjects like either making an specific object should be handled. eventually a library kinda gets made on say a network like youtube where you can find only that specific thing you need to do at that moment.

Not sure if I said that slightly vague.

I'm very happy you guys were already able to make a video tutorial though, I bet from what currently is available will surely get people started.

Hello
    Got a question. Lets say you got VLJ running through the cues on a page, can Beyond be setup to automatically jump to another page after its played through all the cues on the one page?

thanks

I expect you could use PangoScript to change to the next page, cue 1. Just add the script as the last cue on the page, when it plays it, it should change the page.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi f150trk21 (gosh, could you have chosen a more cryptic handle? )

Norty's answer is about as good as any right now.

Also, PangoScript has received a major upgrade over the past few weeks. Now it has variables and even transcendental functions (sin, cos, etc.). So it's a full-blown language. It's always been multi-threaded, but basically we're really refining it.

Bill

Is there a way to play LD2k files on an FB3 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergy View Post
    Is there a way to play LD2k files on an FB3 yet?
    Not yet, but Pangolin did indicate recently the the LD2K to Beyond bridge is an active work in progress...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I do hope it comes out soon. I'd love to be able to leave LD2k behind and just be able to use Beyond for everything.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Not yet, but Pangolin did indicate recently the the LD2K to Beyond bridge is an active work in progress...
    When did they say this? The last time I asked was well over a year ago and they said it would be done, but it was not a high priority.

Bill mentioned in another thread a month or two ago as a project that was still in the works...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....