Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complex dmx in beyond possible?

Default Complex dmx in beyond possible?

Hey,

I used the quick dmx in beyond and as well in quick show. Easy to use and quick and d... Are there dmx fixtures, scenes and sequences available in beyond? I would like to use beyond to control simple rgb led bars in a show. Is there any way to use it easily or is the only possible way to set dmx values on output? Thanks for replay

Thomas

You can create sequences in quick DMX using as many steps as you like and save them to a cue. You can later drag those cues to a timeline or just punch them up in the grid. Even on the timeline, you can edit the cues to suit your needs and then save the timeline to a cue as well. I'm not sure if this answers your questions.

This is a timeline full of DMX sequences I use for Halloween:

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Hey,

Thanks for replay.

That's what I also ment and used in the past. The problem is if anything changes in the dmx address configuration, the whole cue doesn't work correctly. Even when you'll try to control a laser moving head or something similar. I know beyond is a laser show software and not a dmx one, but some small features of dmx would be nice.

Thomas

I see what you mean. You mean more like fixture profiles where, you only need to tell beyond the fixture and address and it should know the fixture has X amount of channels. I haven't played with it that much. I am not sure of that kind of functionality.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Default MIDI Triggers?

Have you thought about using the MIDI capability in Beyond to trigger a separate full-featured DMX software package?

I'm currently building a fairly complex Christmas show that uses all of the following running on a single year-old HP laptop running Windows 7:

* BEYOND for the lasers and master show control (MIDI, DMX and ArtNET-enabled)
    * Enttec D-Pro for the DMX lighting control suite (MIDI, DMX and ArtNET-enabled)
    * Light-O-Rama (LOR) for the Christmas lights control suite

In BEYOND, I built a couple of grid pages filled with MIDI note cues (actually pretty easy to do once you figure out the PangoScript syntax).
    For each show module, I drop the MIDI cues on the timeline as needed to trigger the appropriate sequence or effects in the D-Pro and LOR software packages.
    This way, I'm still using the native capability of these dedicated software packages to control their associated lighting effects, but triggering them from BEYOND.

BEYOND and many - if not most - DMX control suites can send MIDI & ArtNET events between software packages without any additional hardware, so it's pretty easy to exchange control data between the applications.

So far - seems to work great!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Can this be a class at SELEM 2015?
    I would really like to learn more!

In fact, Since Beyond is so... full-featured/extensible, I'd like to see several advanced/tip/trick type of presentations either broken out or presented as a whole in a multi-presenter master-class type of format.

I'm sure by the time next summer rolls around, there will be many of us doing some out of the box stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    Hey,

I used the quick dmx in beyond and as well in quick show. Easy to use and quick and d... Are there dmx fixtures, scenes and sequences available in beyond? I would like to use beyond to control simple rgb led bars in a show. Is there any way to use it easily or is the only possible way to set dmx values on output? Thanks for replay

Thomas
    last time I checked DMX in QS is pretty much exactly the same as Beyond, it's powerful enough but you have to keep track of your fixtures and such unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Using Beyond DMX, or using Beyond MIDI to trigger external DMX (and other) software?
    I could probably demo something using Beyond to trigger external software...
    Last edited by Stuka; 12-03-2014 at 14:01.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I think this is worthwhile as well. It may be worth structuring some more undivided "class time" into SELEM. Maybe allow some mornings to be more about the educational component over running something in the auditorium, just for the sake of having something playing. Add that to the discuss with buffo list.