Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    OK, now I REALLY need to figure out a way to get to SELEM this year!!
    Yes. Yes.... you do.

I just got a newsletter from Pangolin saying that they just released the 2.0 version of Beyond at LDI...
    It's featuring this famous bridge to import LD2000 shows.

Anyone got more information on this release?

It will be interesting to see how they split the 3 versions of beyond. They did say once 2.0 was released, the Essentials - Advanced and Ultimate versions would have different sets of features and anyone buying v1 would only get the version of 2.0 they paid for. They also said 2.0 release would see a demo version being released as well.

Hi guys,

It's a bit embarrassing, but Justin scheduled the newsletter to go out at the wrong time (it should have been next week but was this week).

BEYOND 2.0 has not been released YET but is really close. Alexey and I will be working on it all week and will try to get it out early next week. The installer is finished as well as new LD2000 version 5.6.

"The bridge" has been discontinued in favor of something simpler and better -- direct import of Showtime shows, which can be found on an IMPORT menu on the timeline. Up until now this has only been available by special license, but with 2.0 it will be available to everyone.

In addition to LD2000 import, the most significant other addition is that the help menu will include links to more than 30 separate help documents and I think 20 or so help videos (we're still working out the exact mix), making BEYOND the most documented product we've ever made.

2.0 will work for everyone, and will have all of the features. It is after 2.0 when we will split it into the three versions. We already have some features in BETA right now, that will not be included in 2.0, but will be in later versions (for example X-Box Kinnect and ProTracks to name just two).

Please stay tuned...

Bill

Standing by with anxious anticipation!!

Really looking forward to the 2.0 release ~
    Thank-you for the update Bill!

And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hey,

Thanks for update. Sounds very good...

What is about the actual licens I bought from HB (Germany)... I bought a pangolin byound license for my existing fb3. The problem HB never told me which exact version I bought. There is only written in the invoice a pangolin byound with 3D and so on.... When you are going to split the version will I loos some features which I already use and I'm happy with? Or will affect the splitting only new futures? I'm very happy with the current version and Im going to be very annoying if I will loos some of the nice features!

Thomas

Thanks for the update Bill. Bit out of touch with developments atm due to personal circumstances so great to see some updates on the latest features appearing here.

BTW, Really looking forward to the new workspace.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for update. Sounds very good...

What is about the actual licens I bought from HB (Germany)... I bought a pangolin byound license for my existing fb3. The problem HB never told me which exact version I bought. There is only written in the invoice a pangolin byound with 3D and so on.... When you are going to split the version will I loos some features which I already use and I'm happy with? Or will affect the splitting only new futures? I'm very happy with the current version and Im going to be very annoying if I will loos some of the nice features!

Thomas

the way i'm reading it, is that your not losing any features, BUT just not gaining any new ones, if you just have the basic BEYOND , like most of us do....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

It's a bit embarrassing, but Justin scheduled the newsletter to go out at the wrong time (it should have been next week but was this week).
    I'd sack him if I was you

the way i'm reading it, is that your not losing any features, BUT just not gaining any new ones, if you just have the basic BEYOND , like most of us do....
    From Bill's previous descriptions of how it'll work, I think he said that your V1 software would be yours to keep, all features included, and then the V2 would be where you'd be restricted to your purchased level.

It sounds like V2 will now be a continuation of V1 as far as feature set is concerned and access, and then at some version in the future it'll branch to the restricted levels.

I interpret that as I'll be able to have 'full featured' V2 and V3+ 'limited functionality' both installed on my machine at the same time.

To me that sounds like V2 dev will simply stop in time for the people using it. My only query would be how they manage situations with FB3 firmware updates required for V3+, as this would also require a V2 software update if people are to continue to be able to use V2. From a software house's perspective, that sounds like a pain the butt, but I guess they already have to do that for LivePro, TraceIT, Quickshow, LiveQuick, etc
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi Norty,

We are actually updating all software right now in preparation for 2015. So it will be new LivePRO, new TraceIT, new QS, new BEYOND, etc. New firmware will be used too.

The release of 2.0 will give everyone who purchased any level of BEYOND all features. It will only be the later releases where restrictions will come into play. Basically, people bared with us this long, and contributed useful suggestions and such, and so as a gift we are giving everyone all features.

With that said, it is likely that new firmware will also be needed in the future. Our intention isn't to "disable" people -- but sometimes new firmware is needed for new features. In fact, just today while Alexey and I were working side by side (in the Orlando office -- Alexey is now in the USA) we discovered how output could be made better and work better with projectors like this Pluto projector loaned to us from a fellow PL member. It unfortunately takes a firmware update to implement the new scanning method.

In any event, we'll try to communicate clearly when firmware updates will impede the use of earlier versions of the software, and then people will have to make a choice, as to whether to get the latest software, workspaces, show-ware, etc. or stay where they are. After all, even speaking for myself, I am happily using Windows XP on both my office and home computers!

Bill