Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

They will not be exact mirrors as the Safe areas they can scan are slightly different.
    However you are correct and that is what I have done , Each head has it own zones. However there is no way to assign a whole set of cues to play to multiple zones without editing every cue separately. This takes hours to set up a whole workspace. I know I just had to do it.
    They really need a way to do this in bulk or some other way to handle it in my opinion.

Also is anyone else having DMX trouble with Beyond? Since the DMX from the QM2000 does not currently work , I am using the Enttec USB pro to output DMX but it is not working solid. If I run a chennel up to full it take about a full second for it to respond , then if I leave it at full it will switch off very quickly every so often, I have tried several DMX cables, a new Enttec box with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    Also is anyone else having DMX trouble with Beyond? Since the DMX from the QM2000 does not currently work , I am using the Enttec USB pro to output DMX but it is not working solid. If I run a chennel up to full it take about a full second for it to respond , then if I leave it at full it will switch off very quickly every so often, I have tried several DMX cables, a new Enttec box with the same results.
    It is a bug in BEYOND and they will fix it in the next update.

Removed by self as may not be in the current release.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-28-2011 at 05:10.

WOW Great information that even the pangolin forum did not suggest. I think this will accomplish what i am trying to do.
    To bad I just spent all of that time changing every cue.
    I will check this out.
    Larry

any news about Beyond 2.0 and the FB3.net?

I had some comms with Bill just before Xmas and I asked him about FB3.net
    He said it's coming but these things always take longer than anticipated with Beyond developments, etc. He did tell me the potential names for the product/s and that there may be versions to accomodate 2 and/or 3 FB3 devices.

I also asked him about the divergent lenses he demoed earlier this year and they are available now at $100 a piece or a set of 6 for $500. They're working on a site/page for them at the moment so its a bit more visible.

He also told me about something very cool (on the safety front) that they've just been granted a patent for that will be part of Beyond in the future. I'm not sure just how much of our comms should be considered 'seekritt', so I won't say any more, but you should be able to dig it up with a decent patent search. I couldn't work it out anyway
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

[QUOTE=wondertwnz;217748]Got an answer, They only way currently to assign a cue to multiple zones is by editing each cue separately WOW this is going to take a while.

There is an easy way if ALL cues assigned to one zone should also go to another zone:
    In Projection Zone setup, select zone and then Advanced tab. Add new zones to "Also output to"

Prohias what you're saying is correct. I posted it above and then removed it because it wasn't in the current release but Bill (Pangolin) did give the OK now to publish the info.

Is there a comprehensive manual available for Beyond 3D? I have the quick start guide but am struggling with it.