Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

It could really do with a walk through video that starts from scratch and assumes you know nothing. However, as someone who knows nothing about 3D I'm definitely not the person to do this one.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Andy, I may have a book or 2 on an old copy of 3D Studio Max (2.5 or 3 I think) in the garage. It may give a basic understanding for you. If you want to pay the shipping, I can send them down to you (assuming that's Hampsheere, Blighty, and not Hampsheyre, USA!)
    Maybe someone who knows about 3D can advise if these may be useful

edit: just checked, they're '3D Studio Max 2 Fundamentals' on Peterson/New Riders and '3D Studio Max R2.5 F/X and Design' on Coriolis/Creative Professionals Press

Let me know if you're interested
    Hi Norty,
    Excellent! If someone is able to confirm they might help i would be more than happy to pay the delivery - Yes Hampshire UK!! Thanks for your kind offer.
    Andy

Following my mention of downloading BEYOND updates from the j*v*ngb* website, I see they are no longer posted there.
    Can somebody at Pangolin please inform me as to where I can now get the regular updates.

I hope i'm not speaking out of turn here, but I believe that site is (or should be) known to beta testers only.

If you want an up to date release you'll have to email Pangolin.

I suspect it's probably been taken down because word about the site has got around and too many people now have access to potentially unstable beta versions of Beyond.

I suggest that you stick with the known stable versions that Pangolin will release from time to time.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I hope i'm not speaking out of turn here, but I believe that site is (or should be) known to beta testers only.

If you want an up to date release you'll have to email Pangolin.

I suspect it's probably been taken down because word about the site has got around and too many people now have access to potentially unstable beta versions of Beyond.

I suggest that you stick with the known stable versions that Pangolin will release from time to time.
    Hi Jem,

Thanks for your reply.
    Pangolin have NEVER informed me of any new updates. If I relied on them for notifications I would probably still be on v399.................

Interestingly, if you subscribe to the Pangolin Beyond or Quickshow Facebook pages (note: NOT the main Pangolin page), they post frequent update messages. The down side is that they are the German side of the company, and their website is not easy to navigate. I have messed them asking if a more joined-up policy can be adopted. They equivocated. They did recently post that build 425 of Beyond was available there, I got mine from the j....... site before they pulled the content.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Interestingly, if you subscribe to the Pangolin Beyond or Quickshow Facebook pages (note: NOT the main Pangolin page), they post frequent update messages. The down side is that they are the German side of the company, and their website is not easy to navigate. I have messed them asking if a more joined-up policy can be adopted. They equivocated. They did recently post that build 425 of Beyond was available there, I got mine from the j....... site before they pulled the content.
    Cheers for this info. Have taken a look and sure enough, there is a link to build 425.

Quote Originally Posted by andyh View Post
    Following my mention of downloading BEYOND updates from the j*v*ngb* website, I see they are no longer posted there.
    Can somebody at Pangolin please inform me as to where I can now get the regular updates.
    They pulled the page containing 424 / 425 I think in response to some serious bugs found in the time line and also a minor but annoying bug in the laser output.

That's why those files are hidden away from the public except for testers because as Jem said, they are beta only and not necessarily stable or bug free.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-09-2012 at 00:35.

But the point is there is a constant stream of new releases, some of them stable and some of them not quite so. Some of the releases have new features that then get pulled on the next version, some are only available for a couple of days before the next version is out. I believe that if you go through the correct channels that you are pretty much assured of getting a known stable version.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I believe that if you go through the correct channels that you are pretty much assured of getting a known stable version.
    Jem we cross posted and that advice is spot on. Stick to the official versions unless testing as you could come seriously unstuck in a show.

I personally wouldn't want to do anything other than a real time live show with 425 because the time line bugs are likely to cause problems.