Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Laserharps Pre-order!

O.K., being a simple sort of person let me tell you what I would really like and then you can tell me if your box of tricks is capable doing what I ask .

I already have a nice, capable RGB laser projector with some reasonable CT6215h scanners. I would like to place said projector on the floor and put a 45 degree mirror at the output aperture to deflect the beam vertically. Then I would like to take a box of electrickery goodies (such as your offering here) and plug it into the ILDA connector on the back of my projector. Next, I would also like to plug the box of electrical wizardry into my PC (running Cubase) and have the VST instruments present me with some wonderful sounds each time a beam is interrupted, In other words I would like to switch it all on and it work perfectly .

As an added bonus I would like to see the beam that has been broken change colour, also, it would be nice to be able to move my hand up and down in the beam to modulate the sound, Oh, and it can also change colour with modulation as well

Perhaps someone would like to send me a PM when my ultimate laser harp is available

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post

@Carl B

You could probably do more, however 10 notes is just spaced far enough to fit your hand between if the harp is at your feet. I believe Jarre puts his harp beneath the stage to allow the beams to diverge more first.
    10 beams is more than enough for me. I was just asking in order to give you all the note info for each note bank in the PM I sent you yesterday.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    O.K., being a simple sort of person let me tell you what I would really like and then you can tell me if your box of tricks is capable doing what I ask .

I already have a nice, capable RGB laser projector with some reasonable CT6215h scanners. I would like to place said projector on the floor and put a 45 degree mirror at the output aperture to deflect the beam vertically. Then I would like to take a box of electrickery goodies (such as your offering here) and plug it into the ILDA connector on the back of my projector. Next, I would also like to plug the box of electrical wizardry into my PC (running Cubase) and have the VST instruments present me with some wonderful sounds each time a beam is interrupted, In other words I would like to switch it all on and it work perfectly .

As an added bonus I would like to see the beam that has been broken change colour, also, it would be nice to be able to move my hand up and down in the beam to modulate the sound, Oh, and it can also change colour with modulation as well

Perhaps someone would like to send me a PM when my ultimate laser harp is available

Cheers

Jem
    About connecting it up thru ILDA, it's definitely possible. The only issue is you need to get +/- power from somewhere, usually the galvo PSU, but if it's external you may need an independent power supply. Other option is you allocate 3 unused pins in the DB25 and send power through that, but that's risky because they may be connected somewhere on your real DAC.

Apart from that, all you have is a +/- Gnd galvo signal, and a laser modulation signal.

As for the changing colours, not possible out of the box with this kit, however you can probably do a little modding yourself and add another laser output etc.

Moving your hand up and down in the beam is a whole new box of worms, most of the time you need to use cameras for that, not light sensors.

Cheers,
    Dan

Hey All,

Please note that when you check out on the website, it will say "back-ordered." That's because they're not in stock yet, you can still pay for the item!
    Any ordering problems, please email me at my sales email sales_at_illuminationsupply.com (replace _at_ with @).

Craig

Good news, the majority of the components arrived! Now just waiting on the PCB's, LCD's and some RGB LED's

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    ... however you can probably do a little modding yourself and add another laser output etc.
    Hehe... Obviously word about my lack of electronics skills hasn't reached quite that far around the world yet . I wouldn't dream of attempting anything like that or i'd probably end up blowing up my lovely projector . I think i'll just sit on the fence with this one until such time as there is a ready made and ready to plug and go offering

Thanks though, I think what you're doing here is admirable and i'm following the thread with great interest.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'm sure you could get someone to put it in a box with an ILDA connector for you. I'm in another country and shipping anything to you directly would cost a fortune, but it's not a difficult task. All you'd require is another +/-15-24V power supply.

Cheers,
    Dan

Thanks Dan

I'm going to wait till Carl gets his, then i'll make a decision on where to go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Thanks Dan

I'm going to wait till Carl gets his, then I'll make a decision on where to go from there
    I'll gladly play guinea pig for you Jem.
    I intend to put two lasers in my harp when I build it, but only to combine the two beams, 1W of 445 and 300mW of 532. The classic Argon look harp from Jarre's big gigs of the 80's.

Hey Jem, If this kit go's together well and you still fancy one, I may be willing to build one for you.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    I'll gladly play guinea pig for you Jem.
    I intend to put two lasers in my harp when I build it, but only to combine the two beams, 1W of 445 and 300mW of 532. The classic Argon look harp from Jarre's big gigs of the 80's.

Hey Jem, If this kit go's together well and you still fancy one, I may be willing to build one for you.

Carl
    Thanks Carl, we'll speak about this a little further down the road . Do ya think you'll have it ready for Surfleet?