Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeler: 1.5W 445 with analog modulation

Default Feeler: 1.5W 445 with analog modulation

I fully designed my own 445 lab style laser with analog modulation. The whole thing is air sealed with an IR window on the front. On the back there will be a rocker switch in which one direction it is at full power, middle is off, and other side is for modulation. The power supply is included and runs off of 110VAC. The size is 50mm x 40mm x 43mm. Beam height from base plate is 26mm. It will also be TEC cooled. It will mount to the base plate via 3m screws. I am asking $225 if that sounds reasonable? We need 25 orders to go through it. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Ben

lens characteristics? beam characteristics? corrective optics?

is it a single diode or a dual one?
    "its called character briggs..."

I was only planning on using a standard 445 lens. And making the focus as small as possible.

me thinks you should do a bit more research...

what is a standard 445 lens? the one from the projector???

The aixiz one. Sorry for being such a noob.

If you dig around the forum, you will see most 445 builders are using anamorphic prisms to correct the beam profile.

Without such correction, I feel you module will not be very attractive to users here.
    This space for rent.

Is there any articles online on how to use these?

These look like the cheapest option I can find. http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/anamo...pair-311-p.asp

I strongly recommend (for your own protection) not to carry on with this. imagine if something goes wrong with the design in a couple of months after the sale and you have to refund 25 persons. honestly, i think you should drop the whole idea. do more research, build a couple for yourself just to gain experience and then try your luck over at fleabay selling them

just my honest 2p advice

besides, most of us here can build our own, prism corrected, tec cooled etc etc for less than 225. and i don't even want to comment on the 1,5 watt rated power

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

I like the idea of an inexpensive 445. These guys sound correct in saying research a little more. Some can do this for much cheaper than others and this almost sounds too good to be true. I paid much more for a TEC cooled unit no prism. Half the power. Enjoy it very much. Good luck with your project.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

I'm going to look into the prisms. But I don't fully understand how to use them and how hard are they to align? About the TEC I can get them practically free. 30mm x 30mm