Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driver manual for adjusting/tuning needed

Default driver manual for adjusting/tuning needed

Hi, can't get my suplier on the phone and realy like to finish my project, i think i have a lasever driver for my blue, see pics attached.
    We adjusted it last saturday to output a little more but now i build it into the projector it gives too much when idle (200 mW ) so i need to tune it down.

problem is, i don't have the manual.

There are 4 potiontionmeters and i would like to know which one is for what.

Any assistence?

color balance is really screwed with this much blue

Michel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	driver.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	622.7 KB 
ID:	26307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lasever laser driver.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	26308

Thanks, i got it !, sadly cannot add a file for reference.

Which pot did you adjust for the bias, my blue uses the same driver and is still emitting relatively lots of blue (even only a few mW) i want it off ;-)
    My selfbuilt diodes are using drivers with suppression techniques, so off is really off.
    Hope i can adjust the other 2 as well.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I need the same info please

Hi there, well i still have to adjust it for full power operation, what i did, for now, is i turned down the voltage from 5.7 to 5.4 volts and then the light dims in idle mode.
    For color balancing with the 300mw green and 800mw red i don't need the blue to be 1W but i thought it would be nice for a beamshow to be able to output more than the color balance value of aprox 300mW.
    Still have to figure out how to tweak it and will do so with Edison soon (or at the Ilpendam LEM).

Michel

See the manual in this topic : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...I-diode-driver
    there are 4 pot meters, rw4 for overheat protection, rw2 for temp adjustment, rw1 for current limit and rw3 for adjusting the current.
    My question is, should i start with rw1 or rw3, i know flexmods so little curious about how this should be dealt with.
    I attach the power supply, then i set 0V on the modulation input, this should result in almost no emission but do i modify this with rw1 or rw3?

Then i set my modulation input to +5V for full power and want to adjust it to aprox 300mW for color balance. Should i use rw3 or rw1?

Thanks for reading and giving, if possible, feedback.

Michel

Hey Michael,

Have you tried swapping the diode for a dummy load, attaching a test meter and trying to adjust each pot to see which affects low and high settings?

what kind of dummy load could i use? it is a single casio 445 nm diode.

Hmm, I'm sure that question's been answered on this forum before. Basically a diode and a resistor connected in parallel. Can't remember the values.

well, searching for the combination of "dummy, resistor, diode" does not help, if anyone can suggest what kind of dummy to use or assist in determing the proper adjustment procedure that would be very much apreciated.