Thread: Mixed Gas to SELEM

Default Mixed Gas to SELEM

(Purposely double posted for importance)

Hey PL'ers-

Whether Steve (mixedgas) like it or not, he *WILL* be attending this years SELEM. He is probably one of the most important and influential, educational members here and he needs to be at SELEM. His time, efforts, expertise and priceless experience in our field is second to none.

We all need to try to band together and help him get there. Adam (buffo) and I spoke and have agreed that donations to help Steve out would be greatly appreciated. Any donation would be great. $1 or $100 or anything in between.

CT. Lasers will pay any remaining balance that is needed that donations fall short of to get Steve to SELEM. All money donated will be transparent and anyone at anytime can ask me and/or Adam to see records of money donated. I want this to be a *good* thing and not a topic for us to bicker about. If we raise MORE money than what is needed, we can decide as a community (of those who donated) what to do with any remaining money raised.

I think we ALL feel that SELEM is too much of an educational and important event for someone like Steve to not be able to make it over something as silly as lack of funds.

Paypal donations can be made here: gottaluvlasers@hotmail.com

Credit Card donations (non paypal) can be made here: https://www.ctlasers.com/credit-card-info/

any questions / comments you can PM me or Adam or post here.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Funds sent (via Paypal)

~B

Thanks to Marc for stepping up to organize this! I agree with him wholeheartedly: Steve needs to be at SELEM. I'm glad to see others here in the group feel the same way.

If you'd rather not post publically about it, that's fine. Just send Marc a PM and he'll answer any questions you may have. And as he said, it will be done completely transparently. You have our word on that!

Adam

@ MARC,
    Thanks Marc for taking my donation to the VIP S found.
    @ Steve I am glade you are going to be thier, as "MARC speacks and so shall it be!!!"
    I am feeling the LUV!!
    Thanks to all of you!!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Done (via PP)

Peace,
    dave

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thanks Guys, Ticket booked. I get Saturday at Selem, unless new employer makes changes, considering I'll be a new hire, I will have NOTHING to say if (s)he does. I get off work and go STRAIGHT to the airport, a bad layover in Atlanta prevents Artists Cafe session and I get in at Midnight to CHT. I'll start like the week before SELEM if all goes well. My new manager reads this forum, so no griping if I miss the flight, I'll reimburse you if I do. Job one is Job one. I'm back Sunday almost in time for church, morning red-eye out of Charlotte. This was the best I could do, there were no "easy" return flights.

I'll have to watch the weather, if aviation weather looks like CAUV for Sunday I'll go. If I see metars that look like a nasty flying day Sunday morning I may have to bail. Need this new job.

If I cant do diagnostics on it in less then 15 minutes, its going home dead.

I'll need a ride from CHT to SELEM in the morning and one back late sat Evening.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-07-2011 at 17:15.