Thread: did the smilies change for everyone?

Default did the smilies change for everyone?

So did the smilies in the forum change for everyone or am I delusional again?

The most recent vbulletin update added them and wrecked my custom smiley table to boot. Hooray.

its called vbull for a reason

lmk if you need assistance... or want to scream... whichever is more helpful lol

Yeah they did. I just figured the janitor tripped over a bucket or something when he was down in the basement.
    This space for rent.

Ha, and there was me thinking that the new smilies were (marginally) better than the old ones , I never really liked the last set of smilies as the wink looks too much like the big grin . Haning said that the 'wink' on this set isn't that great. Whatever happened to the very original set of smilies from a few years ago?
    Last edited by Jem; 08-03-2011 at 01:04.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Ha, and there was me thinking that the new smilies were better than the old ones , I never really liked the last set of smilies as the wink looks too much like the big grin
    Ohh... Yea, I'm not arguing that the current iteration of the default smiley pack is worse, it's actually quite an improvement, what I was complaining about is the fact that since they changed them and the reference pointers to them changed that a number of issues related to base image handling have cropped up. It's pretty silly that a cosmetic change that *doesn't* effect any layout feature can cause issues.

Aaaaaaannnndddd... Yea, there are a lot of things here I would like to do and have toyed with in the past that are simply painful and complicated to work around because of the draconian "hooks" system that vbulletin uses. Please reference the wiki here, probably one of the best "hooked" solutions out there and it still have unbelievable issues with regards to login credentials being referenced directly from the vbulletin core database. Theres also the gallery system here(outside vbulletin proper) that had a hooking system that failed if you looked at it wrong... it became a stand alone product because of it.

There are certain things that make more sense while drunk and sadly the sql-apocalypse that is vbulletin only starts making sense somewhere right past the comatose stage. Some of that is not the implicit fault of vbulletin though. For example: http://www.blueshoes.org/en/developer/php_cheat_sheet/

Please note that $x = "false"; returns as true in PHP boolean logic land, furthermore 15 and negative 1 are also true. To further complicate it, you can feed it strings. Bananaanananaaphone is also true by the sheer virtue of not being zero yet null comes back as false...

You know what, I'm just going to quit this conversation while I still am able to think of myself as being ahead... which would conversely come back as true.

Hehe, well, all you *really* need to know is thet we're all eternally grateful that you keep everything here running pretty smoothly

Keep up the good work, and thanks for all your efforts.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I 2nd that. One helluva job for all these years, Spec. You-Da-Main. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbsup.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	139 Bytes 
ID:	26349

My smilies are the same...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin