Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optima lens group buy?

edison has data, solarfire has data and planters has data and they have all posted here. even i have posted a couple of lines

maybe mr con is just to lazy to search

it is a good lens. if you want to get an idea, put a 405-g-2 in front of a LOC and then imagine 8-9% more output

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...513#post190513

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...536#post190536

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=optima

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...159#post193159

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...996#post190996

another usefull post http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...362#post204362
    Last edited by LaNeK779; 09-02-2011 at 00:15. Reason: added links
    "its called character briggs..."

I have 100 pieces in stock anyone who needs them let me know.

Dave if you need a few just send me a PM
    Last edited by edison; 08-04-2011 at 11:35.

Edison i think the groupbuy is that we get it to a cheap price, everyone knows you have them in stock, just a little to expensive you selling them . Just saying.

Thumbs up

Hi Dave

Im in for 4 or 6 Lens (+lens barrels).

Thanks and cheers,
    Ed

You need to buy at least 200 pieces to get a few bucks off. Also service comes with a price. If i sell a lens and its not good i send a new one that cost me a lens and shipping cost. Did you calculate that also? For most hobbyist everything is too expencive. But they expect service also. Service comes with a price. Sure i,m happy to help people with building their projectors like michelrietveld, give stuff that i manufactured and not use anymore for a few bucks away. I build even an 8 combiner for Hobbybob for cheap as chips but he suports me even he sometimes hardly can afford it. Dave helped me with his retainers and so i,m happy to return the favour.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    You need to buy at least 200 pieces to get a few bucks off. Also service comes with a price. If i sell a lens and its not good i send a new one that cost me a lens and shipping cost. Did you calculate that also? For most hobbyist everything is too expencive. But they expect service also. Service comes with a price. Sure i,m happy to help people with building their projectors like michelrietveld, give stuff that i manufactured and not use anymore for a few bucks away. I build even an 8 combiner for Hobbybob for cheap as chips but he suports me even he sometimes hardly can afford it. Dave helped me with his retainers and so i,m happy to return the favour.
    so exactly what favour are you returning ??
    ohh that would be selling us the lens for somthing like 30 euros when they will be half that in the group buy
    yeah nice thread invasion.............
    if any one should make somthing from this it should be dave ITS HIS THREAD
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Just an update on the MOUNTED Optima lenses I have been using for several months. The strange 3/8x64 thread that Optima provides requires a tap that I was only able to source through Optima and results in a rather loose thread fit. The thread adhesive that helped to minimize this still allowed a small amount of pointing drift. It was not until I ordered (from Optima) a set of empty (no lens) mounting rings ($6 each) that when placed into the deep threaded holes as retaining nuts did all the lenses remain rock solid. If there is a good mounting option alternative, I would go that way.

No offence but i was the one who discovered the optima lens. I bought them and tested them and shared the info.
    I offered my lenses to dave because he made 150 retainers for a nice price so that,s why i said that i,m happy to return the favour. I could develop the KIT because people bought stuff
    from me so that i could develop and manufacture the Kits so that people do,nt have to buy an expencive kvant. So the spend money isn,t lost at all. But i know how it works badger, if you can get an expencive laser with a price of 1000 pounds in your own country and on the other side of the world a chinese guy sells it for 20 pounds les you will buy that one. That way your
    ruin your own economy. But he who cares as long as you have your laser

Planters, your a hero. At least i know that its better to stick with the retainer from dave. I just finished a quad without using flexmounts and i wanted to have the retainer version from optima in it. I think i will stick with that one for know.

@Edison, I think the issue folks have is that you are asking a premium for items you re-sell. Please look up "value add" and "competitive pricing" to gain a better understanding of these concepts and how they can improve your proposition.

I also suggest not having a crack at your customer base when they pull you up on your current pricing and customer relationship management issues.