Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Optima lens group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Doesn't this make them rather laborious to adjust ?

If I understood correctly your post ... it would mean adjusting the "retaining nut" and then replacing the lens for every minute adjustment attempt.

Am I missing something here ?

Cheers
    Once the lens is in the retaining barrel, it looks no different to any other lens in a barrel!

How do you adjust the Aixiz, O-Like lenses? I have a whole bunch of Aixiz lens adjustment rings that come in the Aixiz module pack I use to screw tightly onto the end of their barrels. The barrel itself probably has insets on the sides for a flat implement (screwdriver) to adjust.

As I'm near Dave, I would prefer just the lenses. I will get the barrels from him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Once the lens is in the retaining barrel, it looks no different to any other lens in a barrel!
    How do you adjust the Aixiz, O-Like lenses? I have a whole bunch of Aixiz lens adjustment rings that come in the Aixiz module pack I use to screw tightly onto the end of their barrels. The barrel itself probably has insets on the sides for a flat implement (screwdriver) to adjust......
    I am definitely missing something here !

I was under the impression that the optima lenses come glued into their barrels when you buy them ready mounted.

As I understood "planters" post..... it was the barrel that was loose in the diode block not the lens loose in the barrel ! maybe I got it wrong!

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 08-11-2011 at 14:26.

Firstly, you can purchase the lens mounted by Optima in their barrels or Optima will send them unmounted for $5.00 less. The lens is very stable within the barrel itself. The retaining nut technique is quite laborious because you have to set each lens slightly beyond optimal and then remove the extra focal distance with the tightening of the retainer (read trial and error). The result remains very stable, but I only went this route after having committed to the idiosyncratic Optima thread and I did not want to re-machine a lot of holes. Not the way I would do it if doing it again!

Ahh... So I was right.... thanks for clearing that one up !

I take my hat off to you Sr.Planters .... you have a lot of balls doing that with god knows how many reds you have stacked into your cryogenic hyper jet-ski setup.

Cheers

I'm in with 10 for myself. I can take the orders for gemany and countries around to save shipping costs.

I'm in for 4 with dave's lens retainers.

Depending on final costs, you can probably add another 12 to my order, so 16 in total.

The group buy will start next week, i will provide all the details, please give me till Tuesday, then i post all in a new thread.

Please if you posted here for the group buy, post or send PM again at the other new group buy... thank you.