Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetarium Star Projectors

Thinking the key would be did this projector have 4 separate sets of galvo's on it? Wish I had a picture for you but don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitzSTP View Post
    I haven't seen the tapes yet, the planetarium director called me after he saw a post I made on another board asking about old ADAT tapes and he said that he had a whole box of what he thought were VHS tapes (he doesn't know the difference). It piqued my interest because I delivered a load of donated planetarium equipment up there a couple of months ago and I noticed among the other stuff was an interesting old laser projector that looked to be between 10 to 20 years old, consisting of galvos mounted to an optical table so perhaps it could be an old AVI ? That's why I ask if someone can post a picture of the projector and I can tell right away if it's the same one I saw. A long shot, perhaps but who knows. The director said I can have the tapes so the worse that can happen is I will get some old cornball movies or something... but, these tapes were mixed in with a load of planetarium equipment and included with all this stuff was an old-school laser light projector I'll keep you posted..
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Thinking the key would be did this projector have 4 separate sets of galvo's on it? Wish I had a picture for you but don't.
    That sounds right.. if memory serves correct. I'll see if I can get a picture of it, to post here. Perhaps it is just a projector that someone cobbled up.. but it was mounted to a very nice optical table and that is what made me think it was made by someone who really knew what they were doing, some time ago. The mystery will continue a bit longer until I can ask the planetarium director to take a photo of it.

was it a laserium projector? http://www.laserium.com/hardware/

That sounds right.. if memory serves correct. I'll see if I can get a picture of it, to post here. Perhaps it is just a projector that someone cobbled up.. but it was mounted to a very nice optical table and that is what made me think it was made by someone who really knew what they were doing, some time ago. The mystery will continue a bit longer until I can ask the planetarium director to take a photo of it.

All of the wiring in the control cabinet has been re-attached to the terminal blocks, I sure am glad I marked everything because I have no schematic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xformers.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	26962

Hey Spitz,

any word on your NY project?

We host a MAJOR halloween bash, and I want to be sure there aren't any conflicts...

Plus I'm kinda antsy to help out. sounds fun...

Quote Originally Posted by GoolGaul View Post
    Hey Spitz,

any word on your NY project?
    No word yet, there must be a delay on their end.. stay tuned

QUOTE=polishedball;204579]was it a laserium projector? http://www.laserium.com/hardware/[/QUOTE]

I requested a picture of it, and will post it here when I receive it. In the meantime, a shot of the Minolta console. I cleaned it up, fixed a few things and evicted all of the dust bunnies.

Name:	console.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	27005[

Looks like you making very good progress, congrats on this relocation!

. In the meantime, a shot of the Minolta console. I cleaned it up, fixed a few things and evicted all of the dust bunnies.

Name:	console.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	27005[

Here is a picture of the laser projector that was on my truck in June. Perhaps it is a homebrew. Anyone have any details?

Name:	lprojector.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	524.4 KB 
ID:	27014

JHE projector?

DZ will know.