Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetarium Star Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Looks like you making very good progress, congrats on this relocation!
    Many thanks, I am looking forward to getting this projector online. The star images from the Minolta are extremely crisp. Adding a KVM switch this evening, for up to 8 servers though I don't think I need that many.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kvm.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	27030

Quote Originally Posted by SpitzSTP View Post
    Here is a picture of the laser projector that was on my truck in June. Perhaps it is a homebrew. Anyone have any details?

Attachment 27014
    Wow, nice find Spitz. I don't know how you do it, I've got 2 leads right now and can't seem to break the ice on either one. Anyway, that is indeed an old JHE projector. It's as basic as it gets, a red HeNe and a green HeNe, G-120 flag blanking and G-120 scan head. I think the amps were good to 12 or 15Kpps. Not a whole lot of light coming out of the scan head, but in a 30' theater that is nearly pitch black you don't really need much. Did you get any show tapes? These would have been on ADAT, Joe's shows were very simple RYG shows, but I enjoyed them. The abstracts were pretty good as they were done on an old analog console. If you need help getting that thing running, let me know, or if you ever decide to trash it, let me know!! It's yet another neat piece of history, and one that I was a part of so it does carry special meaning to me. I just had lunch with Joe a couple months ago, still a very interesting dude!

Thanks DZ, I didn't know Joe made these projectors. He really did contribute alot to the industry over the years, please extend my regards next time you see him. I am glad to hear that you know how to get these laser units running again, and this one will not be scrapped if I have anything to say about it. Preparations are underway to fetch the AVI laser system and a bunch of immersive theater equipment I didn't have room for last time I was there. Wish me luck, this will be a non-stop 3,000 mile run. I am grateful for Penske's unlimited mileage rental terms.

Name:	penske-truck.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	27041

non-stop 3,000 mile run.

Name:	penske-truck.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	27041
    have a safe trip, it the the NY trip that has been mentioned?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    have a safe trip, it the the NY trip that has been mentioned?
    Thanks polishedball This one is not NY.. NYC is on hold until the facility releases an updated renovation schedule. This project is elsewhere in the US that I started in June. The last time I was out to this place I filled up a 26 foot truck and ran out of room. With the economy the way it is I cannot afford to take more than a day off of work adjacent to a weekend. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TA.gif 
Views:	67 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	27042

I cannot believe you have the Spitz STP from the Saint in NYC!! I was a Lifetime Member of The Saint from 1981-1990. This
    was the MOST SPECTACULAR NIGHT CLUB in the WORLD during this timeframe and the Spitz STP was instrumental in making the venue so popular. The lighting technicians who operated this wonder could do amazing light shows against the fabric
    covered floor-to-ceiling dome which became their "canvas". They would turn a spinning star sky into a glowing dawn and everything in between. Then at the very top of the dome as a motorized sliding panel that would slide open revealing a highly
    complex spinning mirror ball and other special lighting effects.

Please take good care of this very special machine. You have no idea how many thousands of people have watched in awe themagic of this hardware.

Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

Name:	saint01.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	27264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint02.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	27265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint04.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	27266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint05.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	27267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint06.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	27268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint07.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	27269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint09.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	27270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint10.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	27271Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint11.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	27272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saint25.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	27273

Hey Spitz just wanted give you an update on my schedule.

the last weekend in Oct and first weekend in Nov are booked for me.

Also, I was talking with a friend who's an Operating Engineer. She says those minicrawler-cranes are pretty easy to use, and that I should be able to get the hang of it in no time...

J-A-C-K-P-O-T a box full of AVI show tapes (ADAT) coming off the truck today. The box weighs a good 30 pounds, loaded with lasershow ADAT tapes packed tightly within. Also an ADAT hard drive machine loaded with laser show material. I haven't gone through it yet I just got home.

Name:	jackpotbox.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	27277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackpot.JPG 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	27276

J-A-C-K-P-O-T a box full of AVI show tapes (ADAT) coming off the truck today. The box weighs a good 30 pounds, loaded with lasershow ADAT tapes packed tightly within. Also an ADAT hard drive machine loaded with laser show material. I haven't gone through it yet I just got home.

Name:	jackpotbox.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	27277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackpot.JPG 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	27276
    Now that is a SCORE! Let me know if any are for sale

Sure, will do. I haven't unloaded the truck yet to see what all is in the box, but there is alot of tape in there. The tapes will definately be preserved.

Name:	home.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	27278