Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetarium Star Projectors

AVI Scanning tower coming out of the pit. It weighs alot. The sphere on top raises up by electric motor. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVI_Tower.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	27279 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVI_Transport.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	27280

Quote Originally Posted by SpitzSTP View Post
    J-A-C-K-P-O-T a box full of AVI show tapes (ADAT) coming off the truck today. The box weighs a good 30 pounds, loaded with lasershow ADAT tapes packed tightly within. Also an ADAT hard drive machine loaded with laser show material. I haven't gone through it yet I just got home.
    Attachment 27277Attachment 27276
    You are content rich my friend!! Way to go on that score
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by SpitzSTP View Post
    J-A-C-K-P-O-T a box full of AVI show tapes (ADAT) coming off the truck today. The box weighs a good 30 pounds, loaded with lasershow ADAT tapes packed tightly within. Also an ADAT hard drive machine loaded with laser show material. I haven't gone through it yet I just got home.
    Attachment 27277Attachment 27276
    I would lock myself away for a week just to watch all of these!!! Nice find! If you want to have these converted to a more managable format let me know; I think I can find some sort of "converter" at work.

OK. I have been reading all these posts and am really pleased to see how many people appreciate your work (spitzSTP) and drive to collect/preserve all this fantastic stuff, but nobody seems to have the balls to ask, "When are you going to host a LEM?" You are a ridiculous distance from a lot of us, but your collection is museum worthy and I'm willing to bet that a bunch of us would fill a bus/van/plane to witness such an event. Several of us may even beg.

Default Yes there will be an Arizona LEM

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:03.

I love it! I will be patiently waiting,
    Oh, who am I foolin, I will wait, but not patiently!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    OK. I have been reading all these posts and am really pleased to see how many people appreciate your work (spitzSTP) and drive to collect/preserve all this fantastic stuff, but nobody seems to have the balls to ask, "When are you going to host a LEM?" You are a ridiculous distance from a lot of us, but your collection is museum worthy and I'm willing to bet that a bunch of us would fill a bus/van/plane to witness such an event. Several of us may even beg.
    Thanks for the compliment, this is challenging work. thousands of miles of travel, countless hours of research finding the equipment and even more to restore it. As for hosting an event, no need to beg, it's in the stars. Once I have the equipment up and running there will be an event here. A number of challenges exist, like getting the 40kw generator online it needs to have propane tanks added and electrical boxes mounted. I envision two or three star machines covering the ceiling and walls with tens of thousands of stars and several large gas ion lasers running simultaneously. Upgrades are being made recently to increase the wattage of the audio system to 1,000 watts and get it patched into the Minolta control console containing a waft of other equipment including ADAT decks. This is a big house and I am in here alone. If it seems like I am compensating for something, perhaps I am. There is plenty of room in here for about a dozen people. There may be a waiver to sign at the door with all these water lines and cables on the floor, and don't get to close to the Saint STP when it is in gyro mode Much remains to be done to get this all running, let's burn some plaster off the ceiling. It will also be great if others can bring their equipment in here and have a fest of epic proportion. For those where distance is a barrior, I'll put up a Skype conference with a webcam.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fest.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	27281

If possible please avoid May as i'd really like to see some folks from out your way make it to GLLEM and i'd consider heading out your way ; if it is an only can happen at that time please let me know so i can look at other dates for the LEM here. Please PM me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    AzLEM 2012 is in the planning, and yes,the presence of at least one star projector has been discussed. Myself and Swamidog have joined forces, along with support from other members to make a LEM in Phoenix a reality.

I am waiting on word from a friend's venue to see what their spring calendar looks like to before posting a date poll, hopefully in the next few weeks. Be patient!

More photos of the de-installation process over the past few days. This planetarium has converted entirely to digital and no longer does laser shows. It took a really long time to strip the racks due to the spaghetti mess of cables to untangle and sort out. I had to be etremely careful not to disrupt any active wiring as this theater is scheduled to re-open to the public very soon. The massive pit area will be covered with a steel plate for additional seating. This was a multi-million dollar immersive theater installed about ten years ago by Spitz, Inc. and AVI. Many thanks to the Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium, Union Station Science Center in Kansas City, MO for the distinct priviledge to help preserve their remarkable legacy. It took two 26' box trucks to transport it all to Phoenix, AZ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	27286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon9.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	27294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon8.JPG 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	27293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon7.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	27292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon6.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	27291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon5.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	27290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon4.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	27289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon3.JPG 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	27288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon2.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	27287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mon10.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	27295

That had to be crazy to pull out! So where do you store 2 26' trucks? Do you rent space or actually fit it all in your place? So glad you got this before it was trashed or re-cycled.