Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: UK ShowLEM 2012

Thank you Jem for a Mega Fantastic weekend and it was great to yet again catch up with every one there and meet some new faces as well.
    It was amazing to see so many great beam shows being displayed on a total of 11 projectors, 9 RGB's and 2 GB's.
    Also Jem's wife, Janet once again went to the trouble of providing a delicious lunch for both yesterday and today. Thanks again Janet.
    Now I'm looking forward to the next LEM at Surfleet.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

You're all very welcome guys. I've had a fantastic weekend and thoroughly enjoyed all your company. Yes, eleven projectors performing synchronised shows is something quite special indeed

Thanks to everyone for all the help with the setting up, taking down, loading the vehicles and cleaning the hall. It's a shame that we didn't have a few more folks there, but I'm sure it was a case of quality rather than quantity , and of course, those who didn't attend we're the ones who missed out

Janet says 'thank you' for your appreciation of the food and her efforts. It's nice to know that you enjoyed the lunches.

Roll on Surfleet...

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ... It's a shame that we didn't have a few more folks there, but I'm sure it was a case of quality rather than quantity ..
    So if we didn't attend we aren't "quality"?
    I resent being put in the same box as Al !!

^^^^^^ what Carl said.

Seriously, thanks Jem for organising the ShowLEM again. Absolutely brilliant weekend. Well chilled!

Great seeing the shows on so many lasers, particularly the multi-zone multi-head ones which looked particularly spectacular.

Nice to catch up with everyone again.

Mark.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Well, home safe.. back at work again.. car seat barely cold! Pulled into my driveway at 23:30!

Cheers to all for a awesome weekend, looking forward to Surfleet although the Sunday clashes with my wifes birthday.. ooops.

Cheers,

N.

Glad you got home safely Nige, it was a pleasure to enjoy your company for the weekend.

I haven't heard from Paul yet, but hopefully he collected the family and arrived safely in Glasgow via York.

Again, thanks to all who made the effort to attend and support this 'different' LEM.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem

All safe and sound even after been thrown about at flamingoland for a day , many thanks to all who arrived and set up the kit to make it happen , because i always arrive late things are just there all set up and ready to roll , but i really do appreciate the efforts people go to arrange the kit and setting up ...... such good quality kit too , the beams were looking spectacular !

Extra special thanks for all the hours of work Janet puts in organising food , its extra special appreciated by me :-)

Heres some photos of the event , looking forward to next years already !

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=c992fac5d2
    paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Paul

You've captured some great photographs there, well done! I have to confess I didn't even see you with a camera.

Oh, i've just rung Janet and she says 'thank you' for saying thanks and appreciating the food

As for next year... well it's up to you guys as to whether you want another 'ShowLEM' or not. Don't forget that this was really only intended to be a one off last year. However, if there's enough support I am happy to make it happen and it's always a pleasure to spend time with such great people

Only thing is that I may have to consider taking payment in advance, as this year was a bit tight financially due to a few who couldn't make it for one reason or another at the last minute. In the end we've not far off broken even thanks to a couple of folks who couldn't make it putting some money in the pot, and also thanks to those who threw in an extra few quid before leaving. Those were really kind gestures and really appreciated, thank you.

Cheers

Jem

Jem sorry I didn't make it having said that I would, but I'm sure you know the reasons why.

Jem,

thanks again, sorry you are still a little out of pocket. I for one would be more than happy to pay up front and would love this to be a regular calendar event. Next year I may well have finished my "old school" analogue projector using some optical tricks well known to the various gas heads. It would be good to add this to the mix, now I am out of laser rehab, having failed the final temptation test !!

Thanks Again

Steve