Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM 2012

Jem, put me down for the weekend & will keep it free.

Hall is now booked and confirmed for 6th, 7th 8th July 2012
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Just a bit more info to the post above:

We can access the hall from 12:00 noon on the Friday and we have to pack up ~4:00pm on the Sunday to be out of the hall for 6:00pm.

Any more people want adding to the list?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Another suggestion, if the safety course doesn't come off or its going to be too expensive, then maybe someone would be willing to do a seminar on bounce / diffraction mirrors.

I think many people know what they are, but not exactly what they can do and how to use them to maximum effect.

Thinking here of the different selections available in the targets page in Pangolin software and also the effect Marc at CT lasers achieved in one of his installs a year or two ago, where he had everyone on here convinced he had 3-5 lasers installed when in actual fact it was one laser and a few mirrors and he was in fact bouncing two beams out of the laser onto the two bounce mirrors on the floor in front of the laser, and then bouncing them onto other mirrors with the main lasers beams and bounced beams all modulated and moving.

Awesome effect, but a mystery to many people as to how to do this for maximum effect and how to control them.

Just reviewing this thread and I noticed that Dimmers hasn't responded yet...

Loud voice mode on... HEY, DIMITRI... ARE YOU COMING

It would be great if one or two others from the Netherlands/Europe could attend as well... Just let me know folks.

Hi all, Can i come.

Where is it being held.

Hi

Of course you can, just remember that this is a 'travel light' LEM. Thus you don't need to bring any gear, unless there's something that you want to specifically show off. If you have an pre-programmed shows, you can either bring a laptop/PC or just bring them on a USB stick.

It's a relatively chilled out affair, grab a cold beer, sit down and watch

Looking forward to meeting you... what's your real first name?

Oh, and are you just coming one of the days, or are you hardcore and coming for the duration

Cheers

Jem

Jem, cold beers and watching lasers sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday evening,

I would be there Saturday night and leave early Sunday morning (depending on how cold the beers are) will there be somewhere to crash for the night.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

I have secured permission for those that so desire to sleep in the hall. Just bring a sleeping bag and some earplugs

I'll add your name to the list for Saturday and Sunday... After all, I figure once you get there you'll be in no hurry to leave.

Cheers

Jem

Hoping to be there for the full hit...
    k
    Move toward the light!