Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Groupbuy for Optima Lens with MgF2 Coating

Well....OK....2 then....thanx !!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Crap, I REALLY wish I knew if I needed to get some of these. I've got a red quad module coming from Edison and, it's supposed to have lenses and diodes with it but, it's not here yet and he's on vacation. I think he was using Optima lenses. Grr...

Relax mate... Edison was the first person to discover the Optima lenses and also (to date) uses Dave's barrels/retainers!

Might have to wait a bit though !

Cheers

Default Optical perfection....never completely there !!!

Sheeezzzze......If Still possible....I would like to up my order to four (4) units. ( Lens + retainer ). In the pursuit of the Holy Grail of Coherent Excellence....by the way.....this being visualized as an asymptotic curve....I have decided it is a moral imperative that the ZQuad sports these units !!!
    For you entertainment.....

Asymptotes

An asymptote is, essentially, a line that a graph approaches, but does not intersect. For example, in the following graph of y=1/x, the line approaches the x-axis (y=0), but never touches it. No matter how far we go into infinity, the line will not actually reach y=0, but will always get closer and closer.

y=1/x:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	27034

This means that the line y=0 is a horizontal asymptote. Horizontal asymptotes occur most often when the function is a fraction where the top remains positive, but the bottom goes to infinity. Going back to the previous example, y=1/x is a fraction. When we go out to infinity on the x-axis, the top of the fraction remains 1, but the bottom gets bigger and bigger. As a result, the entire fraction actually gets smaller, although it will not hit zero. The function will be 1/2, then 1/3, then 1/10, even 1/10000, but never quite 0. Thus, y=0 is a horizontal asymptote for the function y=1/x.
    Read...never quite PURFECKT !!!

CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Hi

Any news on this.

Cheers,
    Ed

Hey Anton,

I'm going to have to back out on this one, this is taking to long.
    I'm going to place a direct order with Optima.
    Sorry...

OK, sure thing no hard feelings, i try to get together 100 so i am kind of far off, as it looks like i wait till end of the week if nothing happens then i will cancel the groupbuy... if we get to a better number then the groupbuy will go ahead end of the week... i will send out a email SAT...

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    OK i add you as well, i will be closing the group buy this Friday and send the payment info...
    I'm confused. I thought you were ready to finalise this 2 weeks ago (1st Sept), not cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    I'm confused. I thought you were ready to finalise this 2 weeks ago (1st Sept), not cancel it.
    My guess would be that if he didn't get a hundred, he doesn't make enough money to make it worth his time. The 100+ discount was pretty nice when i inquired.
    leading in trailing technology

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	27413 Strictly UK only .... sorry !...

Name:	anyone.gif 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	27414 ...but if anyone wants some (4 or more minimum) here in Blighty I am going to be ordering a batch shortly, so send me a PM in the next few days if interested!

Cheers