Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave 445nm 500mW

Default Laserwave 445nm 500mW

Hi all,

I ended up getting one of these 445nm 500mW lasers from Laserwave when I ordered my 637nm 500mW

http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2010/1028/article_72.html
    http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2009/0121/article_38.html

Has anyone used these all in one drivers before? I am assuming the diode in the head is rated for 1W like the C@sio diodes. How would I go about adjusting the driver current? or would it be more involved than that?

There just isn't enough blue for my 500mW 532nm and 500mW 637nm.

On a side note I think the red is slightly out of alignment as I get a feint offset line when scanning. I have emailed Bridge so I hope I get a reply tomorrow.

Cheers
    Rich

Ok. So here is an update. I put some fresh batteries in my Laserbee power meter and tested the blue.

I am getting a little under 1000mW out of the unit. The problem is the dichro, after the dichro I get around 250mW!!

The setup is as follows:

Green onto bounce mirror > blue module dichro > red module dichro > scanners

I guess the easiest way to resolve this is to swap the red and blue modules and their corresponding dicers rather that ordering a new dichro and getting it shipped to Honduras.

Having said that my parents are coming to visit and could bring one. Is there a dichro that I can order in the UK that will allow the modules to stay in this order?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	30214

Views:	37 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	30215

As you can see there isn't a lot of space in terms of depth if I hap to swap the modules.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

i am afriad with the dichros these days you have to put the 445 first as the only wayto get 445 through a red dichro is to buy a very expensive one
    so most put the blue nearest the scan set that way you get to keep all the blue power and only lose a little red
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I figured that was the case. I am going to try and do some swapping around in a bit to see what I come up with.

I'll post an update when I am done.

Cheers
    Rich

So here is another quick update.

I have moved the modules around - still need to drill the fixings - and the dicers.

Did a quick power test and now I get the following after dicers but before scanners:

Red 637nm 580mW
    Green 532nm 490mW
    Blue 445nm 980mW

This makes me much happier!!

Now off to do some drilling. The only remaining issue to resolve is the slight misalignment form the red module. I am awaiting a response from Laserwave but it is still Chinese New Year.

Cheers
    Rich

Views:	41 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	30216

Views:	30 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	30217
    Last edited by neutrino; 01-30-2012 at 12:06. Reason: added photos

Glad you worked this out. I have been through the same issue myself. 445nm is not 473nm, which you will find these (most) dichros are made to suit.
    This space for rent.

Yea me too. I didn't even think of checking before hand - my bad.

Now to install the shutter that I got from DZ on a previous run of his shutter drivers.

I am going to order the ILDA interface and color correction board from Rob too.

Still waiting to hear back from Laserwave RE the red.

Things are progressing nicely.

I am going to try and take some photos when it gets dark later today.

Cheers
    Rich

So I realigned the red with the help of Laserwave and its looking good. Here are a few beam shots

Name:	Laser Fan Multicolor.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	30254

Name:	Multicolor Laser Circles.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	292.2 KB 
ID:	30255

Name:	White Blue Laser Square.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	30256

Name:	Multicolor Laser Fan.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	30257

Name:	White Green Laser Tunnel.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	352.7 KB 
ID:	30258

After taking the photos I did a little more playing. To get a really ice white I have to turn the red down to 50% in Quickshow! Looks like I need more green now.

My laser bee only reads unto 1W so I did some power tests after dichros but before scanners. At 25% in quick show I get 330mW and at 50% I get 990mW. I can't go any higher than this with Laserbee.

Now to take some video and photos of it in action with the two 1W 445nm satellites.

Cheers
    Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Fan Multicolor.JPG  

if you got 490mw of green you should not need to turn the red down, unless your losing a lot of green of the back of one of the dichros ??
    in my 3w+ pj i have 1w green 1w 638 1.5w 445 and had to turn my green down to <700mw and blue to 1w to get a good white

i would do some more checking, looking good though , great pics
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I know, thats what I figured. All measurements are after dichros. I have no idea of how accurate my Laserbee is. I bought it 2nd hand. Either way I am very happy with it as its been long time in the making.
    It will mainly be used for beam stuff anyway so I'll be running everything full power.

There is some reflection off the pass green/reflect red dichro but not too much.

I'll play/investigate some more as time allows.

Cheers
    Rich