Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import .ild in pangolin from ild sos

let me know, too, if there's something I can do in ILD SOS or if there needs to be a special 'pangolin-compatible' output mode, because the goal of ILD SOS is universal compatibility and up until now, given the feedback I was getting from pangolin users, ilda output seemed to be working well.

I checked out the files that you sent. These are not proper ILDA files. Proper ILDA files are made up of data samples that would be sent directly to the scanners and color control devices, without any modification, thus they are supposed to be "point oriented". (Incidentally, this information is in the most recent ILDA interchange file format spec. -- too bad it was never published, despite being finished years agao...) The files you sent appear to be vector-oriented, but the ILDA format really has no way of properly conveying this information.

By the way, the particular file you showed above has 4349 individual data coordinates in it. Even if this was a proper ILDA file (which it is not) it wouldn't have a prayer of being displayed on a laser projector.

Alex_kld.
    you asked me for more detail?
    I presume you did not understand what i ment with the color shift?

Well pangolin will show blanking lines or even a complete mess with the ilda export if you don't change the shift.
    Make sure it looks as the following image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ildsos shift.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	26765

Ok Alex, based on what Bill said, you need to turn on the optimize (middle) step, which adds points for direct scanning to make them 'proper'. Also, do what PJ is suggesting and have the Color Enhance step on, with the shift set to 2, and it should work with Pangolin software then.

There is probably a way to get the pangolin software to read in the vector oriented ilda file you were creating, but it sounds like it's not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Ok Alex, based on what Bill said, you need to turn on the optimize (middle) step, which adds points for direct scanning to make them 'proper'. Also, do what PJ is suggesting and have the Color Enhance step on, with the shift set to 2, and it should work with Pangolin software then.

There is probably a way to get the pangolin software to read in the vector oriented ilda file you were creating, but it sounds like it's not supported.
    Thank you all for your answers
    I will try, I will write later about the results