Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Hologram

Default Another Hologram

Hi all

I've been working on my holography setup to try and improve a few things. It looks as though my endeavours are finally paying off ...

This what I've been working towards for the last few years.

Today is a good holography day :-)

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Very very nice Jem. Bright, great detail. I also like the way you shot the photo with part of your holography equipment in the background. Ron

Haha... Yes, the holography equipment in the background is my C315m that is currently 'resting'. Also you can just see a bit of my safelight that I use when working with my red HeNe, it's a 20mW JDSU Microgreen

It's taken me a long time to reach this stage and it's fair to say I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Credit must also go to John Sonley without whose help I would have still been making single beam Denisyuks
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey, That figure kinda looks familiar

It still has a special place in my hobby room.

Heyy! I reccognise that laser in the background! =)
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Thats pretty cool Jem. Thanks for sharing.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Heyy! I reccognise that laser in the background! =)
    Well, not quite

The C315m in the background is an 80mW. I've got 'yours' sitting in a very special box as a spare just in case I ever need another controller .

Cheers

Jem

and is your microgreen still the one I repaired the controller for?

nice hologram Jem, it's always great to see homemade ones of such quality

do you plan on making those holograms which are half inside, half oustide the glass to the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    and is your microgreen still the one I repaired the controller for?
    It sure is

nice hologram Jem, it's always great to see homemade ones of such quality

do you plan on making those holograms which are half inside, half oustide the glass to the eye?
    That's exactly what this one is. The base of the Buddha sticks out in front of the glass by about 25mm, his hands and face are about in the plane of the glass and the rest of him is behind the glass. That's one of the problems when trying to photograph holograms, you don't get a sense of where the image is.

These types of holograms are known as H2's or image plane holograms, these particular ones reconstruct in white light. It's made not from the original object, but from a transmission hologram 'Master'. This 'Master' hologram when illuminated correctly reconstructs the original image about 12cm in front of itself. A film is then placed into the 'image plane' and exposed resulting in a hologram which spans the glass plate producing both a real and virtual image.

The problem i've been having is getting sufficient stability to make these H2's as everything needs to be ultra stable to get a decent image.

Cheers

Jem

Ok, never tried this before. I've just taken a bit of video with my iPhone and uploaded it to Photobucket...

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...m/59e1de3f.mp4

Be patient, it'll take a couple of minutes to load