Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserShow Project ,Beams and Graphics

Default LaserShow Project ,Beams and Graphics

Hi Folks,

I finished rebuilding my chimney and I'm now putting on a metal roof instead of shingles on my house so I don't have any worries for at least 50 years.
    I'm still working on the roof and at the mercy of poor weather, right now it's raining.

Seems easier to start a new thread for the lasershow project as the original one was getting loooong.

Ok, To Recap the status on this project.

So the following has been suggested:

1. We do a Beam and Graphics
    2. Do full color Ilda frames for compatibility
    3. Pick a song and use it for both Beam and Graphics shows

Suggested songs so far as follows:
    (A) Chicken train by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils
    (B) Pink Panther by Henry Mancini
    (C) Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex
    (D) Eye in The ky by alan Parsons Project
    (E) Good Ol Boys by Waylon Jennings
    (F) Bigger Than My Body by John Mayer
    (G) Start The Commotion by The Wild Guys
    (H) Days Go By by Dirty Vegas
    (I) Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield
    (J) High Roller by Crystal Method
    (K) The Dukes of Hazard song by ?????
    (L) Get Ready For This by 2 Unlimited
    (M) Chicken With The Train by Cowboy Troy
    (N) Stray Cat Strut by the Stray Cats
    (O) Big Tits by Joe Walsh or other songs by him
    (P) Pacman Fever by Buckner & Garcia
    (Q) Hit That by The Offspring
    (R) Anything by Pink Floyd (lots already done)
    (S) Old Time Rock N Roll by Bob Seger
    (T) Get Rythym by Ry Cooder
    (U) Whte Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

Seems like we all have to visit " www.amazon.com " to find the tunes and give them an ear then report back which ones we vote for.
    When you vote perhaps it would be a good time to give us an Idea of what you would do , what mental Imagery was inspired by the song.

So far the following memebers have agreed to collaborate:

1. Liteglow
    2. Maxvideo
    3. Buffo
    4. Laser-Ad
    5. Spec
    6. Mecheng3
    7. Marconi
    8. Groover
    9. Jkaiser3000
    10. Laserlover

We will vote on one or 2 songs depends how wel they apply to Beam or Graphics shows I guess. Some people may want to work on both Beam & Graphics shows.

It's not too late to join If anyone else is interested, let us know.
    Time to get listening to music and give us your vote.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

can we ceep this at one thread

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=537

Just do some cut`n paste and decide what thread that stays..

NA, We dont need two threads, I have deleted my thread...
    Happy Song picking!!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

As several people in the original thread had suggested we start a new thread I accomodated them. One of Murphy's Laws is that If you try to keep everyone happy , someone is not going to like it. Sorry .

The suggestion was also made to visit amazon .com to possibly listen to music samples of the songs suggested to date.
    I made a quick visit and have yet to find any samples to listen to so I wonder If anyone else knows where we can find the music aside from buying CD's which is not a desirable option when all you want to do is sample them.

It might be a good Idea to share our email addresses so we can forward samples to each other when you find them so everyone gets to hear the tunes.
    Can everyone PM me with their email addresses so we care share information and speed up the review process. I can forward the master list of email addresses to everyone via PM that way when you find a piece of music you can send a copy to all members.

We will also have to find a common web site to send our completed frames as Carey had suggested so they can be compiled into one show.
    I don't have a web site for that purpose. Does anyone one have a suggestion ?

Rick

If anyone is interested, I can find almost anything pink floyd. As you can guess, I like them .

I think I have the pink panther song if anyone wants to hear it. I'll see if I can find anymore of the proposed songs. If I do i'll let you know.

Also, I could probably setup a web page for sharing frames and stuff, but it'll be limited to something like 15MB. I have a geocities account that I am not using at the moment.
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Sounds good JKaiser3000,

Laser Shows already exist for many Pink Floyd songs such as Time, Money, US & Them , etc... but they have so much material it shouldn't be too tough to find one that hasn't been done.
    I guess we're looking for MP3 formats .
    Does anyone have software to convert from CD to MP3 format ?

Rick

I can also convert cd to mp3, but I guess I need the cd first, right?

In the case of pink floyd, I do have the cd's, and they're already converted to mp3.

If someone has a song in cd format and can save it to the computer, he/she probably already has the necessary software to convert it to mp3. But if that's not the case you could do one of two things, either look on the 'net for one program, or let me know, I'll do the conversion. The problem with the last option would be my getting the original, I suppose they're quite big.

As for the other suggestions, I'll have to look around, 'cause I don't have them. In fact, I've never heard of some of the groups ops:
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

I would really like to take part in this this great project, but unfortunately I've no time until the end of the summer... ( I'm building stages / scaffoldings in the summer for some bigger festivals here in germany and this is really stress )
    But I could provide an ftp with sufficent space (how much do we need? 200mb? more? ) to help.
    If you accept this offer, I would make a login for everyone who's participating...

For converting cd's to mp3 have a look at EAC (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/), which is in my opinion the best tool for this job. Additionally you will need the Lame encoder http://www.mp3-tech.org/software/encoders/lamewin32.exe for encoding to mp3.

Thomas

Thank you very much for that help TL

Default PL lasershow project - music files

I've got most of the music I suggested already in MP3 format, so all I need is a place to upload it.

Thomas, that's great of you to offer the space to host the files for us! If everyone else is OK with that idea, then FTP works for me... Just PM me with the login info and I'll start sending files.

Adam