Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: LaserShow Project ,Beams and Graphics

Laser-Ad;

Yeah, he posted about it going south earlier... Sucks!

Liteglow;

I like the new avitar! very cool 8)

PS: Check your PM's...

Adam

Hey Liteglow are you having trouble with your Lasever unit? Just a little worried as I have one as well........please let me know.
    Thanks Mech
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3
    Hey Liteglow are you having trouble with your Lasever unit? Just a little worried as I have one as well........please let me know.
    Thanks Mech
    yea have only had it running for maybe 10 min since I got it..
    And after I have taken photos of the lasers it was doing fine when I did turn it off..

When I did start it there was blue light some second trying to start up !
    But it did only fade away... now there is a weak bluish... sad
    Have not seen spec yet to figure out if there is any trick to try ?
    Ceep it cool\hot ? i dunno

But this is OT .. so if there is any thing more to say, start a new thread about it!

Default Voting on Tunes for the Laser Shows

Hi Folks,

I think we pretty much have enough songs to listen to at this point and I'm chomping at the bit like a race horse kicking at the gate so why don't we start voting.
    I'll start. My choice of tune for Beam shows is " Pink Floyd , Any Color You Like" and my choice for a Graphics laser show is " Tuff Enuff , by The Fabulous Thunderbirds"

What do you vote for ?

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

I agree, we can start voting now. I have to start listening to the songs though ops: . I will soon narrow it down and let you know what I think .

I have a question too. We agreed to use the ILDA standard for sharing the frames but, will the frames be synchronized to the music already or does some one have to do that work?. As you can see, I haven't worked with any program so far, only the mamba trial version, and still didn't get to know the program well enough. The one thing I noticed with mamba is that every frame has to be placed and timed manually, and that work is lost when the frames are saved as ILDA. I could save as a whole show, but the file may not be standard for everyone here.

Well, we're nowhere near that stage yet, so I may be getting ahead of things for now . I think I have time to start geting intimate with mamba :lol:
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

well, i would suggest YES, that you need to syncronize your own frames.... Also, i suggest that you have software that can work in ilda so you are compatible and syncronized...

It might be nice to know that all the colobrators are onthe same page. What software do yo uplan on using to creat your sections???

Personally i use Pangolin Qm2000 amd qm32. i will create and syncronize using showtime2000 and spit out ILDA Frames of my section....I will mainly be working in the Abstract world, with some graphic content i suspect... also we must think wisely about the amount of frames and framerate we will be using... i suggest 10 - 15 FPS at max.... 3min song = 2700 frames at 15fps.. Thats a lot of frames!
    Also , i did upload a couple of quick test ilda files if yo uwanna see 30fps and 10fps.. the fish is 30 and the Star is 10fps...
    Hey Laserlover? Is there a voting booth im missing somewhere??
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

You could start a new thread and add a "poll" to the begining...

Adam

start a new thread, where all uses name theyr TO song to use !
    AND DONT write anything else !!

If not the "poll-maker" will have a damn job searching the text for the 2 songs from each person

Liteglow;

Yeah, that's probably the better way to do it...

Adam

i think we will leave that up to our organizer to set up, then we can all begin to vote...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com