Thread: moving heads with Cree leds

Default moving heads with Cree leds

Hi guys,
    I know you are the experts about light fixtures and laser projectors.

I would like to know what is a good led washer with moving head and Cree leds

I saw many videos about these incredible led pars, I guess they are Chinese products.

I saw scanners and led moving heads with powerful 90w leds

Do you think that ADJ, Stairville and Elation are good products or toys? I saw these identical units on Chinese stores but without the brand ADJ, Stairville, etc.

Having purchased a Kvant laser projector I would like to have 4/6 moving heads but with the latest technology inside.

Regards.

The latest range from Robe are worth checking out.
    http://www.robe.cz/products/category/ledwash-series/
    Yes, they cost more than the Chinese ones but the build quality and service backup make them a better long-term investment.

I looked at the robe stuff....it's not cheap...the smaller Robe LedWash 300 was around $3k it has an 800X600 LCD screen on the fixture hence the cost....

Not exactly cheap, but you asked for the latest technology:

/Thomas

Go with the Martin Mac 101's... They KICK ASS!!! And my friend just got 50 of some china knockoff's and you can't tell the difference except the name and when u put it in chain with the martin's the strobe is off by a fraction of a second...

hi guys,
    I've purchased this product from China:
    http://www.mdlightings.com/productsh...uad-color.html

and this one:
    http://www.mdlightings.com/productsh...-90W/120W.html

now I would like to buy this new product, it's a beam:
    http://www.mdlightings.com/productsh...W,beam200.html

What I can say about these Chinese products? They are cheap, 450$ about for each washer and 600€ for the spots. I don't know the price of the new 180w beam.
    They are built very well but the mechanisms are noisy.
    I asked for the Neutrik connector and they mounted it.

Obviously Robe products are the moving lights Rolls Royce like Clay Paky, Martin, Philips. Excellent products for big studios, for pro applications.

Hi Gabriele,

Basically if you want the latest technology, you're going to have to pay for it! As was mentioned above the Robe-Robin300 fixtures have some amazing output and a zoom which is just incredible, but you'll be paying around $3K for each fixture and unless you're creative with their use or your Kvant is 3W+ they'll wash the beam right out... Ditto the MAC-101 etc. I'd aim for something smaller if you're under 3W+ of laser output...

If you want good reliable cheaper stuff, try the Chauvet Q-SpotLED range as I've found them pretty good for the money. Also their COLORADO range of LED par type fixtures are damn good for the money. Last I looked, you could buy the Q-Spot260LED (which was around the same output as a Martin MAC250Krypton/Entour) for around £500 and the COLORADO TRI_Tour led par was around £200.

I'd avoid ADJ as I've had their LED pars and they didn't mix well, giving you a nasty lumpy beam and the build quality wasn't too great. (Mains cables fell off internal connectors and strain relief grommets were too big for the cables etc etc)

The STAIRVILLE stuff from THOMANN seems to be ok. I had some of their old LED par64's and they lived a long time in my hire stock and were dirt cheap to buy at the time...

Hope that helps
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

The other thing that you get with the Robe units is a dimmer curve to die for, and very precise control of colour temperature - these things can really be made to behave like tungsten lights, down to the last glow of the non-existant filament! Not needed in a club or disco environment, of course, but very impressive to see in action, and essential for theatrical use. However, it's this state of the art precision control, as much as the top-end LEDs, that costs the serious money . No doubt the Chinese will catch up in a couple of years for a quarter of the price...

If you want good reliable cheaper stuff, try the Chauvet Q-SpotLED range as I've found them pretty good for the money.
    For what it's worth, you can buy a Chinese knock off (not OEM, I checked) of the Qspot260/Showtec Indigo 4500 for about £200 + shipping + taxes.

Apart from the very thin ally in the cans, I can also vouch for the Stairville Pars. I've got some of the 24x1W Par56 and the range of options on them is very good, ideal for static colours (dimming of each channel via dip switch, so lots of shades and brightnesses available) plus really good master slave, 3 DMX personalities, and dirt cheap.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.