Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TEXLEM planning

Question TEXLEM planning

My buddies Urban-15 in San Antonio host my Xmas laser show each year in their cool old church; they have agreed to hold TEXLEM there this spring! It's ideal - a big auditorium, lots of little rooms, and an attached dormitory/kitchen if you want to stay there!

So what should the days be? I figure over a weekend.... how about first or last weekend in February? (Keep the other ones free for Mardi Gras!)

How many are interested in coming to meet in San Antonio this February?

- Tim

Tim,

That's great news - I'm glad to hear that the site was available. I'd be open to anytime in February. My thoughts on the length of a TEXLEM would depend on how many people we can count on attending. Please count me in as definite.

Thanks for checking into this.

Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 09-09-2011 at 08:03.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I am in, I will finally get to meet Karl's mentor . We were planning on SWLEM sometime early next year too in PHX... Wow and ILDA 2012 next year too, I will be seeing lots of Karl (laserwizardry).

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I will be there. Tim -- Need or want a meal or two provided-? smoked BBQ?
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-08-2011 at 21:06.

to go or not to go ... that is the question
    *pj thinks about going to the US once again*

looking forward to chef hakzaws meals again if i go

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Depending on the weekend, I might be up for this. Just getting to SELEM once a year isn't enough. Gotta think about one of the other LEM's as a possible break from work. BBQ, lasers and an escape from the northeast in Feb might be a fine idea!

Cant tell you all how much I would enjoy seeing you again at Urban 15 TEXLEM - do a search- Tim has really come thru for us this BIG time. Being ~3hrs for me to drive will make this LEM too easy. I can tow my trailer and bring ALL my laser'toys' - I can get my Cook-Off team- The Pit Meisters to cook up some smoked dead animals and just like Mophead has done at SELEM bring the meat already smoked still hot and ready to slice. I will try to drag a few P.M. members along so they can handle all that and thus free me up. And I think it could be run as a tip-jar thing so no money would need to be taken away from TEXLEM funds. Our Team is on FB and just in the last year we have gained 400 new friends. The PitMeisters take competition cooking just as seriously as we all do our lasers.

To find out /see how we do it , you all are invited to visit us at he Brazoria County Fair cook-off the weekend of Oct 21-23-- the very best night is thursday(sponsor appreciation nite-fajitas feast)- no admission to the fair or the cook-off-free parking a very short walf to the huge cook-off area and all the grub and drinks are free- we give away ~500 lbs of brisket-ribs-chicken (on Fri&Sat)and a whole lot more-we pass out ~20+ kegs of beer!! all basically in three nights(Friday is crazy w/ 1000+ people entering our 'booth' ) DJ- dance floor-beer garden all in one spot surounded by another 60+ 'cookers' all doing about the same but we are by far the most popular and well organized team there. This all takes place in Angleton Tx. BFC.org-- worth the drive , for sure. Food is served from 7 to 9 PM.
    THE beer garden and music goes on til midnight.
    So hope to see all of you at TEXLEM and maybe the cook-off too. The venue looks awesome- I am considering going there to see the NY Short Film Festival last two weekends in September..$ 8 admission $5 for us seniors-
    BIG TY to Tim Walsh-- cant wait to see more of your work. Peter-- Pango would be wise to send you.

hak

Pieter,

Hope you can make it. It would be a great opportunity to see what projects you're working on since SELEM.

Hak,

I hope that we have enough attendees to warrant such serious BBQ plans.

Since we're looking at February, I'll be glad to cook a batch of chili for the group as well. We could also consider dinner at the Riverwalk or one of the many fine San Antonio restaurants if anyone is interested.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Or just walk across the street or down the street for fine Tex Mex!

The kitchen there has a big commercial stove, too, and a fridge. I don't think food will be a problem!

OK, I'll go for the first weekend in Feb. with the last weekend as a backup. Stand by for confirmation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Pieter,

Hope you can make it. It would be a great opportunity to see what projects you're working on since SELEM.

Same here- maybe by then I will have pango

Hak,

I hope that we have enough attendees to warrant such serious BBQ plans.

"serious BBQ????" it would be very small compared to what we are used to. do make us your chili--no beans plz--ha ha!!! You and your crew need to come down to the Cook-Off in Angleton in Oct.and check us out. Try for OCT 20-or 22.. the 21st is crazy & crowded nite.

Since we're looking at February, I'll be glad to cook a batch of chili for the group as well. We could also consider dinner at the Riverwalk or one of the many fine San Antonio restaurants if anyone is interested.
    Sounds good but my present budget does not allow for dining out---no more Bistros for me.

Hearing about Urban15 has me looking hard at the churches in my area that are closed down- great buildings for these kinds of things.