Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circuit Board Hologram

Default Circuit Board Hologram

Here's my latest effort. It's a H2 white light reflection copy of a H1 master transmission hologram. The nice thing about it is that the magnifying lens sticks out about 40 to 45mm in front of the glass, whilst the circuit board is just behind the glass.

If I was to make this again i'd use a slightly smaller lens with some sort of border around the edge to make it more visible. I'd also use a circuit board with slightly smaller components.

H1 master was a 7" x 5" film, Agfa 8E75D, CW-C2 developer and EDTA bleach. H2 is 5" x 4" film, Agfa 8E75D, Pyro developer and Acid Dichromate bleach. 20 second exposure using a 35mW 632.8nm HeNe. Both the H1 and H2 were made using a split beam setup.

Here's a video...

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=478eabfc.mp4

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

jem,

Thats really cool!!!!
    I wouldn't mind hanging that on my wall!

keep up the good work!

Good show Jeremy! You might consider a non-hardening developer for image-planed holograms, to avoid color variations that can happen as a function of brightness (as in the highlight areas). The effect of the lens is so much better when shown in the video. Good work!

Thanks Bob

What developer do you suggest? Do you have a formula?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I always thought it would be pretty neat to have a hologram of a newer CPU die

if I had the room I would love to get into holography, but it seems like something that requires a lot more patience, precision, and $$$ than I probably have

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I always thought it would be pretty neat to have a hologram of a newer CPU die
    Do you have one of these?

if I had the room I would love to get into holography, but it seems like something that requires a lot more patience, precision, and $$$ than I probably have
    Patience... Yes, you need plenty of that.

Precision... Yes, that helps as well.

$$$... Hmmm... Doesn't have to be all that expensive. In fact you proably have most of the stuff you'd need to get started in various places around your workshop.

Beware though... The addiction to holography is just as bad as lasers! I'm getting to the point where i'm going to need some serious therapy

Cheers

Jem

Nice one.

Shy characters

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Do you have one of these?

Patience... Yes, you need plenty of that.

Precision... Yes, that helps as well.

$$$... Hmmm... Doesn't have to be all that expensive. In fact you proably have most of the stuff you'd need to get started in various places around your workshop.

Beware though... The addiction to holography is just as bad as lasers! I'm getting to the point where i'm going to need some serious therapy

Cheers

Jem
    I may be able to find one... I think a friend of mine has an entire wafer disk too...

and i don't need any more expensive addictions!!!

lol!!

That's awesome Jem
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Thanks Bob

What developer do you suggest? Do you have a formula?

Jem
    Have you tried the same developer and bleach for the H2 as you used for the H1?