Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FB3 quickshow license file help

What are the status lights on the Fb3?

If they're green at PC start then try removing and re-installing QS.

You can do this quite easily without any loss of data.

Go to the root folder ie. C drive > QS2 (or wherever you've stored it if different) and delete the programme icon. Empty recycle to be sure.

Unpack a new version of QS from your downloads, copy the icon then paste it back into the QS2 folder where the old icon was.

You usual short cut from the desktop or task bar will work and when you start QS you'll have a clean version.

If this doesn't work it could be the drivers in which case you need to remove and re-install them. Remove drivers using the usual windows system management route. In Win 7 that's Start Menu > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager > Pangolin Devices > Properties > The remove drivers tab.

Shawn -

Did you ever get this one figured out?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

it was indeed a driver issue i downloaded the drivers from pango and reinstalled and worked fine

Cool - glad it worked out!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Just for reference for anyone coming into this topic, I recently had an issue when I installed it onto my laptop.

I got a message after the 1st loading attempt that the licence was valid but not for this serial number. It turned out I'd forgotten to install the Fb3 drivers 1st. However, that's not what the message said.

So just be aware if you get the message that the licence is valid but not for your serial number (comes up in a small box that won't allow you to proceed to the usual start page), then its the drivers at fault and they need to be installed / re-installed.