Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Vote here on Lasershow tunes

I know Pangolin spits out ilda frames just like the show you programmed, Im not sure about Mamba...Sync to music is pretty important too...

Hope this gets off the ground, maybe were just not compatible enough....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Does it include the effects you add to each frame? What if you load an animation for a scene but decide to only use a subset of the frames in that file? Does it accurately render your choices to the resulting ilda file? What about timing information?

For sure Mamba does not, and this seriously sucks. (See my other post in the display/scanning forum)

Adam

OF course it does.. How could you have a good system without the ability to reproduce what you are doing>?
    www.laser-ad.com

I agree that it should be a default of any laser show software package. However, up to this point I can't seem to get Mamba to do it. More to the point, there doesn't seem to be anything in the ILDA file spec that would allow the additional timing and effects information to be saved...

Adam

Hey Adam, The timing information you speak of is just a series of frames going by at a predetermined rate... I suggested 10 to 15 frams per second when we started, so we could keep the frames down if you have a 30 sec section and were using 15 frames per second, then the math tell you how many frames you are generating to fill your section.... If your software is not rendering your movements into your output frames, thats not a good thing... Then i could only suggest either buying Pangolin... or the mamba guys can work on a show, and the pango guys can work on a show.. ect....

That might be our only option i guess..... Look in your software for setting that say Capture laser output to ilda frames, or something like that.... Maybe you missing it... Dont look at save or save as, but look for export or render... Hope this helps.... Carey
    www.laser-ad.com

Hey Carey;

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy! I had a chance to visit Astroguy (see other posts) and we played around with Mamba Black quite a bit. Between what we learned there, and the replies I've received from the software support folks at Mamba (well, really just Peter Mayer) have shown that the problems I was experiencing were caused by the high frame rate I had selected. (25 frames per second was too fast for some of the high-point-count frames we used.)

Anyway, there is indeed a way for Mamba Black to export the entire show as ILDA frames, just as it would be sent to the DAC. So we're in business... Mamba users can work on shows, and you'll be able to load the completed frames into Pangolin and display them. (In fact, Pangolin users will probably see added functionality, due to the way the Pangolin hardware simplifies ILDA files before displaying them.) Because of this, the show might not flicker nearly as bad on a Pangolin system as it would on a Mamba Black system.

In any event, I think your original suggestion is right on - namely that we limit the frame rate to 12-15 frames per second. In fact, I'd like to select ONE FRAME RATE for the whole show, and then just stick with that. 15 frames per second sounds reasonable to me... What do you think? (25 frames per second is TOO FAST for a lot of the files we've been using...)

Adam