Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which fog machine?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I decided against the QTX because of its low output and went with the American DJ Fogstorm 1200. The price was suspiciously low but so far I haven't discovered any bad points. The remote control however was sold separately for a price that was suspiciously high so that equals up :P
    It's a fog machine instead of a hazer but I can live with that. It even has no warm-up time in between once it is heated up so I can have continuous fog output if I wanted to. It was able to fill the living room pretty quickly to a "can't see a hand before my eyes" amount of fog and it lasts quite a while.

The biggest downsides are the noise it makes and a rather high fluid usage, but maybe I'm too much biased by my late very economical Antari F-80z.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Not trying to imitate Borgqueenx, but I need a new fogger too. The Antari F-80z Alpha just died on me after five years of use. The output I get is varying between nothing and a small plume of fog every now and then. I tried cleaning it with distilled water and vinegar, but the output seems to decrease instead of increasing. I think the pump might have given up...

So I need a new fog machine. My budget is around € 200, and I was wondering what you guys recommend. What do you use? Are you happy with it? Any considerations you encountered?
    If possible I would like one with DMX, but the ones I could find are out of my price range. Or should I go with a hazer instead?
    A hazer is way more expensive
    for a budget like that I would go with a fogger.
    I'm most happy with the velleman brand foggers (which I had before my smoke factory hazer) it did not have dmx though but one of the brands could.

Or since I am a dealer for smoke factory hazers and foggers (yes they are very very good too) I can take a look for you if we have something that fits your budget!
    and off course something that is of good quality

Are you in a rush with this or are you taking your time?

You're too late, the fog machine is already here ;-)
    Is there a catalogue I could have a look at?

You're too late, the fog machine is already here ;-)
    Is there a catalogue I could have a look at?
    I am currently getting the catalogue it should take just a few more days
    My apologies for the wait, but hey if you ever think of getting a new fogger or switching over to a hazer, looking at my catalogue once I have one ready might be usefull

I hope I'm not buying another one for quite some time LOL
    The Antari lasted for five years and I expect the same from this one so unless I somehow really need a big one...

I hope I'm not buying another one for quite some time LOL
    The Antari lasted for five years and I expect the same from this one so unless I somehow really need a big one...
    you'll never know

Look solutions Unique 2.1

Dont waste time with anything else
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

^^^ What Dave said
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hah, if I had that much money I don't think I would spend it on a hazer xD

^^^^^^^^^ What Jem and Dave said ;-)

The Look Solutions 2.1 is a GOOD and Economic hazer. What you pay extra in purchase price you quickly make up in usage cost.
    I did the show last friday, put in a 2 Liter container, filled a 55x90m hall which is 18meters high. It took me just around 40 minutes to fill the WHOLE hall with the fan and power on 99 (highest setting).

Then in the 2L can, i measured and the and the fluidlevel went down around 1 to 1.5cm !
    This equates roughly to maybe 200ml max ! This equates to 1.40 EURO. How's that for ECONOMIC ?
    To fill a let's say 60.000 cubic meter space in 40minutes.

You can find movies on youtube of the show if you look for The Reality XII
    Last edited by hobbybob; 10-28-2011 at 05:48.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.