Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which fog machine?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Default Which fog machine?

Not trying to imitate Borgqueenx, but I need a new fogger too. The Antari F-80z Alpha just died on me after five years of use. The output I get is varying between nothing and a small plume of fog every now and then. I tried cleaning it with distilled water and vinegar, but the output seems to decrease instead of increasing. I think the pump might have given up...

So I need a new fog machine. My budget is around € 200, and I was wondering what you guys recommend. What do you use? Are you happy with it? Any considerations you encountered?
    If possible I would like one with DMX, but the ones I could find are out of my price range. Or should I go with a hazer instead?

Look at the QTX FX1000 or its newer version whose name escapes me right now (600W heater instead of 400W)
    I bought an FX1k for £75 on ebay (2nd hand) and used it on a small festival stage (open sided tent) over the weekend and it performed admirably on about 45% mostly with odd bursts for effect. It used almost exactly a full tank (2 litres) over the weekend, which is about 1.5 gallons less than my larger fogger would've.

Less than £200 new and has remote and DMX.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Saw this a while ago, this is the one that replaced the FX1000:

BTW I think its re-badged Chauvet Hurricane Haze 2 or the other way around. If you look it up on Youtube, the product looks exactly the same.

That looks like a good hazer, but I can't find a seller in Belgium. I'll see what overpriced stuff my local light equipment sellers have...

Thanks for the input!

You could buy it in the UK as there's no import duty being part of the EU. Only thing you'd pay is carriage. I don't know what they're like for quality though so over to Norty on that one.

I'm not going with the QTX HZ-2 after all. It is a good machine, but the output flow is actually half of my old one. That makes it almost useless to me...
    I'm going to buy one tomorrow, and it's either a second hand Koollight or an Antari Z1200 II. Neither are good quality but I can't afford more I'm afraid.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have no idea if they ship to Belgium but, this is exactly the same as the Antari Z300 haze machine which is a pretty well respected unit that sells for considerably more. (As a matter of fact, the owners manual that come with it is for the Antari!) I own two of these and have been very pleased. They work well for lasers and are not as obnoxious as fog machines. They'll fill a large room fairly quicky. Certainly within your budget and about half the price of the Antari as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Irradiant-Ha...item589026ce2d

how about the martin magnum 650 fogger?
    it is around your price range and 600w
    "its called character briggs..."

I'm not going with the QTX HZ-2 after all. It is a good machine, but the output flow is actually half of my old one.
    You are thinking about this wrong in my opinion.

My FX1000 gives a better coverage than my 1500w fogger, despite having much lower output. It does however run continuously on low power levels, have a fan that disperses better and simply seems to make a better job of filling a space consistently. 20000 cu ft/min may be good but it'll be pluming and won't run like that for more than 15 secs or so.
    Frikkin Lasers

I have no idea if they ship to Belgium but, this is exactly the same as the Antari Z300 haze machine which is a pretty well respected unit that sells for considerably more. (As a matter of fact, the owners manual that come with it is for the Antari!) I own two of these and have been very pleased. They work well for lasers and are not as obnoxious as fog machines. They'll fill a large room fairly quicky. Certainly within your budget and about half the price of the Antari as well
    I own an Antari Z300 fazer and I can honestly say the QTX FX1k kicks it squarely in the nuts! No contest in my opinion, the QTX/Chauvet wins hands down.
    Frikkin Lasers