Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Allen?

i find it interesting that some see this as an argument and not a discussion. I look at it as a teaching moment...

In reference to Steve and Karl (i respect them both) taking their toys and going home??? Childish statement as well as my response was.

I dont take kindly to threats or will I ever bow to a dictator or take orders from ANYONE...unless it is my mother of course...

When i hear statements like that, my immediate response is....Threats??? I DONT FUCKING NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST! PERIOD!!!

Now that i got the expletive out of the way. I merely pointed out that Karl was mistaken when he said "Quite Easy" about the OEM issue. Not so fast grasshopper, this aint my first rodeo. What you need to take away from my correction of his statement is the following. He tried (possibly unintentionally) to "justify" or "grey" the law so it fits his desired assumed scenario (loophole theory)... However...when I see a blatant mistake...i will point it out.

FYI- OEM Laser manufactures are held to even a higher standard for tracking serial numbers and record keeping than the certified products that they may sell. The reason is...they have to INSURE that the companies that DO incorporate the "OEM Component" into the finished product are also in complete compliance. THis is how they earn compliance status as an OEM laser manufacturer. I know this because it was one of my responsibilities as a tech at SP in 1978 to track this information for medical products. So while karl may have met the conditions of his variance (he thought) he really wasn't in compliance, due to the fact that he was not using a certified OEM laser product.

Fun Facts:
    A-DJ has rented, sold, traded, exchanged for sex, OR WHAT EVER...has "introduced into commerce" and illegal, un-certified, modified, un-varianced system.
    B-ANYONE who may have rented, traded, bartered the aforementioned system from him may have assumed that they were in compliance with the conditions of their variance, However, they were using a non certified "OEM component" (haha which is laughable at best, it is a hacked together piece of shit vag burner...and Im being kind here)....which is a violation.
    C-DJ is NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE the use of lasers without the proper logotypes on his website. (ignorance of the law or blatant disregard???)
    D-DJ shows the use of lasers at his gigs, website, and facebook and the pics i saw....were no where 3 meters vertical or 2.5 lateral. (ignorance of the law or blatant disregard???)

i could go on and on..but im exhausted with the whole topic.

So with this discussion...i hope i have been able to contribute to the education of the community.

My points may be blunt, but rarely will i chime in unless im positive with the accuracy of my statements.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

BACK when this mess started, I gave my word and offered Allen conditional help if he would pull the laser from service. He's trying to comply, and has spent more time on the phone with a certain favorite regulatory agency then most of the pros here have in years. (Not counting the ILDA regulatory committee) He's frustrated, and I don't blame him, that when he does show some backbone and gets on the road to legal, a Allen bashing appears.

He's dealing with one of our nations more stringent regulatory staff members. It can be argued that he is having more success communicating with that agency then many others have had recently.

Its NOT Steve'Os fault, he had no idea what is up as of now.

I'm on one of the most difficult technology training courses in the United States right now, as a student. I have no time to dig up threads or mess around. Its comparable to naval reactor school in difficulty. In fact some of my instructors are active military, and being combat vets, they do not cut any slack. I'm commuting to it, one hour each way, so I have a minimum of a 12 hour day. At my age this is no picnic. I will therefore follow up with this on the weekend.

Keep in mind, by merely filing, he is opening himself up to inspection with little or no notice. That is showing some moral courage.

Do I approve of his past tactics, no. But I more then once gave my word that if he attempts to comply, help would come. He's trying, and I try very hard to keep my word.

Steve

...and I am sure he is all-too delighted that we are all scrapping at each-other over his bones...

@ PJ - All respect to you, m8, but if you really wanna 'help' this thread, go nuke yer post: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...527#post208527 - and then try not to toss any more petrol onto fires that you weren't 'burnt-by' in the first--place... I, for one, only reply / weigh-into this 'topic', because I was one of the people whom gave him much time / advice, only to have it effectively tossed in the trash - which, I could care-less about, other-than, that his attitude / actions, if / when taken public, might effect *my* living / industry. I will not apologize for fighting-against hackery / trying to keep this industry on the 'high-road'. Dig? cheers...

@ Steve - Noble of you to help, especially with your stressful gig... Sincerely interested in hearing of *progress*, ie: FILING the dang sho-Var app, which
    I talked-him thru, like, last summer... RE: Talking to Woody - great - He's been talking to him for 2 years - Time for action, Mr DJ.

...Or, yes, simply choose another hobby / industry. jk, Will be keen to hear of his improvements.

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

O.K., i'm gutted ... And thoroughly disappointed in myself for breaking my golden rule. That is, not to get involved in inflamatory threads,

At the time of my original reply to Steve-o, I only had the benefit of knowing what had happened during the original altercations. I tried to keep my post reasonably factual, succinct, humorous and hopefully fairly non-offensive, I did not know that others were helping Allen behind the scenes, and I feel bad for taking things at face value and not first considering that things may have moved on. I had a bad feeling that this was going to blow up again, how little did I know...

Maybe I am perhaps just too concentious and deep thinking, maybe i'm just a little emotionally frail at the moment, but I really do dislike this bickering on what is otherwise a wonderful forum and a great source of information. I often think to myself, how well we all get on at our regional meetings and how welcoming we are to new people who make the effort to come along and join us. If only that sense of wellbeing and good intention could be transferred to the internet...

Can't we all just have a big group hug and move on?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ....Can't we all just have a big group hug and move on?....
    Is that my tune they are playing ......
    Attachment 27931

I see it fizzling out here anyway. I think everyone's a little extra stressed out lately and, while some loud noises were made, I learned a few things in the process and it's very encouraging to hear that Allen has chosen to work with Karl and Steve on getting his paperwork in order.

- Jonathan

and now for something completely different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga_EP7RObKw
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

i feel so insignificant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Life's a piece of shit.

This space for rent.