Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this DAC work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacotex View Post
    What options woud you recommend without being too expensive?
    there is this DAC called RIYA multibus lite (which supports analog and is a very nice and compact unit) and there is this software called LSX that has an entry level version. both of them should not set you back more than 300 usd

you can try contacting member DrLava here for more info. or you can just buy the dac and use the bundled riya playback utilities (but this way you cannot create new content)
    "its called character briggs..."

Spaghetti will still be supported. Gary has decided not to let a forum full of kids bug him. I haven't used Spaghetti, but a lot of memebers here love it and from what it sounds like, it is a snap to put together a show that looks very professional. Additionally, there are a ton of free frames out there on the net and on the FTP server, as well as free creation/drawing software. I would recommend Spaghetti if you are not looking to spend a lot right now.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I must say, I still find programming timeline shows in Spaghetti much faster and easier than with QS...

There are some things I could do in Spaghetti I find much harder in QS...
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Spaghetti will still be supported. Gary has decided not to let a forum full of kids bug him. I haven't used Spaghetti, but a lot of memebers here love it and from what it sounds like, it is a snap to put together a show that looks very professional. Additionally, there are a ton of free frames out there on the net and on the FTP server, as well as free creation/drawing software. I would recommend Spaghetti if you are not looking to spend a lot right now.
    So will ishow2+spaghetti, work together with an analouge laser ?

I have two I show DACs an I can say they DO NOT work with analog Lasers, because the output voltage is about 2V and that is much to less for your analog Laser..
    ..but with some electronic parts, op-Amps...Mosfets..it should be possible to output 5V instead of 2...
    the next problem is that the i show Dac is single ended and do not work very good with most of the scanners available...

Jacotex, yes, iShow works with Spaghetti and analog projectors. That's what I have and it works OK. I don't particularly care for iShow DACs for anything other than beam shows, though. For analog shows, the output quality is fair, at best. But, if you economy is more important than quality they do they trick.

Matratzki, as far as signal source goes, the iShow DAC works perfectly fine with my analog projector. I'm not sure that your characterization is entirely correct. I have never heard of anyone having the problems you mention. iShow isn't the only single ended DAC out there. Being single ended is perfectly fine. Differential is really only advantageous over very long runs where noise might be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Matratzki, as far as signal source goes, the iShow DAC works perfectly fine with my analog projector. I'm not sure that your characterization is entirely correct. I have never heard of anyone having the problems you mention. iShow isn't the only single ended DAC out there. Being single ended is perfectly fine. Differential is really only advantageous over very long runs where noise might be a problem.

My two I show DACs do not work with my analog projector...but there now more than two years old, perhaps they changed their Dacs, so that also analog Lasers work with them.

Its around £500
    Not sure where you are getting your QS from, or what exchange rate you are using, but its available on ebay for under £400, in some cases very close to £300.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your QS from, or what exchange rate you are using, but its available on ebay for under £400, in some cases very close to £300.
    I've not looked in a while. That's a very good deal at those prices.

I am looking for a reasonably well performing DAC unit as well, costing not too much. Which Riya DAC do you guys recommend and does it work with Spaghetti?