Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream: new Ethernet DAC

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

8 TTL outputs for beamtable. DMX in , ie DMX can select frames or animations from the SD card.
    Better wav support, I am sending you a CD with wavs to test from.

Would be nice to have 10 slow 10 or 12 bit analog inputs that LSX could read.

maybe a way to scan a cheap 8x8 button array?
    Steve

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

etherdream and LSX work fine with vmware, they also work great with bootcamp (this is what i do).

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    I believe sitter is only program for diagnostics but there have been som tests with etherdream and lsx in vmware?

it should work in vmware as shown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eavJmCrP4pk but i observe you already asked in there too
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi,

I recently bought the board but have some big troubles with it. The automatic IP from range 169.254.x.x is obtained successfully but it never retrieves an IP via DHCP. More than this, my router does not detect any incoming DHCP request from the board.

I tried the latest firmware from GIT (which for some reason still is named 0.3.0) but same here, DHCP is not working.

Any ideas?

Tommm

That's odd. Can you try hooking it up straight to your machine and see if you see DHCP requests with Wireshark?

What router / DHCP server are you using?

I'd forgotten to push to github for a while; it now has v0.4.1, which is the latest, but there haven't been any core networking changes recently so I wouldn't expect new firmware to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    That's odd. Can you try hooking it up straight to your machine and see if you see DHCP requests with Wireshark?
    How can I do that? the board is connected to my network while Wireshark is running locally on only one machine!?

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    What router / DHCP server are you using?
    I tried using a old Siemens Gigaset and a brand new D-Link

I'd forgotten to push to github for a while; it now has v0.4.1, which is the latest, but there haven't been any core networking changes recently so I wouldn't expect new firmware to make a difference.[/QUOTE]

If you connect the etherdream direct to your computer via cat5 with wireshark running when you power the etherdream you should see in wireshark the dhcp request. If that is not happening you might have trouble with the board. Still might not hurt to get current with the updated git firmware now as well.

Hmmm, OK, I'm not familar with Wireshark - how does that DHCP request look like?

The internet can show you what a DHCP request looks like in wireshark. And just to check when you plug etherdream into the network and power it on you have it unplugged from USB? (not sure it matters have not tested)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
    Hmmm, OK, I'm not familar with Wireshark - how does that DHCP request look like?
    Info on what to look for and how to filter the traffic (makes life much easier) http://wiki.wireshark.org/DHCP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHCP?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dhcp-ws.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	31644
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

OK, there is an DHCP-request:

23:34:36.967495 IP 0.0.0.0.bootpc > 255.255.255.255.bootps: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:04:xx:yy:zz:aa (oui Unknown), length 308
    But why isn't an IP assigned with two different routers?