Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream: new Ethernet DAC

Try sending an OSC message to just "/ilda". You should get a bunch of replies (sent back to port 60001 on the machine that sent the initial message - either set up a program to listen there, or use Wireshark) with various state information, sent to /ilda/pps, /ilda/fps, etc., and also /ilda/1/name etc with the filenames of the ILDA files on the card. If you don't get anything back, something's up with the OSC handling; if you get state but no filenames, something's up with the SD card.

The autoplay.txt file needs to have a line ending after each command, which sometimes notepad doesn't put in - try making sure there's a blank line at the end?

Tommm: I found a DHCP-related bug that I suspect was causing your problem - can you update to firmware 0.4.3 and let me know how it goes? http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    I've been playing around with my new ether-dream and it works fine with LFI player but am having some problems with the SD card and trying to play a file through osc.

I've put a .ild file on a microSD card and put this in the ether-dream. Then when I connect power to the Ether-Dream in the sitter application the following is displayed in the source section

source: file playback: not playing, repeat off

When I try sending the following osc command nothing happens:

/ilda/1/play

I also tried putting an autoplay.txt file on the card but that doesn't do anything as well.

I'm using win xp and the etherdream has the v0.4rc2-g66136df firmware

Any ideas?
    So the problem was the microSD card, I tried a friends microSD card and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Tommm: I found a DHCP-related bug that I suspect was causing your problem - can you update to firmware 0.4.3 and let me know how it goes? http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html
    I'm currently building from GIT sources to learn a bit from it - are the changes in repository?

I just pushed 0.4.3 to github.

Same result, no working DHCP address

Humm.

Can you grab http://ether-dream.com/etherdream-dhcp-test and run it as root on a Linux box? (If that build doesn't work for you, or you'd rather build it yourself, do a git pull and run "make pc; sudo ./pc" in the firmware directory.) It should fairly promptly print out "dhcp: ip <something>". Whether it prints an address or or not, can you capture a log with Wireshark and send me a copy?

Sorry it's still broken. I thought I knew what the bug was...

- Jacob

OK, it looks like I solved it: on my router DHCP was configured to use the lower 50 IP addresses only. I changed it to use the upper 200 ones and now it works fine.

Btw: I've seen the firmware is open sorce and available on Github - how about the hardware layout and design, is it open too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
    Btw: I've seen the firmware is open sorce and available on Github - how about the hardware layout and design, is it open too?
    No answer ... does that mean yes or no? :-o

Right now the answer is NO. The hardware is not open yet.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.