Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Visitted by the police!

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    for owning 1 spring powered air rifle and for owning 1 co2 powered air gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    OMG !!

A terrorist here on PL !!

Good job you didn't tell them about the lasers!

Come on... you live in the netherlands.. this is such bullshit even for our country.

Airguns and airrifles are Legal to own and Buy in our country..
    Thats if you have bought it at a normal dutch shop and have not modified the output of the guns.
    I am asuming you are older than 18yrs.

You have to look out for replica weapons...
    Those are illegal... So no airsoft guns from italy,spain etc.
    I have owned different airweapons even at younger age but i was a KNSA registered member.

Owning a airgun is legal if you are older than 18y...
    Carrying a airgun is NOT legal!!!!!
    If you are a member of a Shooting club (KNSA etc) than its legal to transport a airgun from your house to the clubhouse via the shortest route.

I must ad an important thing....
    owning a airweapon without membership of an gunclub... just to have one in the house makes things tricky.
    I don't know you personally, but nowadays our police do take in other risk factors.

-No KNSA membership... means that there is a risk because you are lesser qualified to operate a weapon safely. (its not that black and white. but you get the picture)
    -No KnSA/gunclub membership does mean that there is lesser need for you to have such a weapon in possesion. (you do not practice shooting sports)
    -Are there other risk factors... are you mentally capable of owning an airweapon (Look at the TRISTAN incident)
    -Do you have a police record?
    -What photo did you have on your account...? (where they violent by nature (you pointing the weapon like the virginia tech crazy guy) or where they just product photography type photo's)

They do look at the big picture and acces if there is any imidiate danger.
    The chance is really big that if all is OK you will get those weapons back without any registration in the system.
    (That its if you didn't sign a release form with states that you are willing to part of the weapons)

Maybe there are things changed in our law... or there are things you aren't telling us.
    But this is what i know and have been told a few years back.

Good luck

Yes it was a criminal looking photo...but i thought that would be fun with a dumb photo name. have no idea if the air guns i have are replicas.
    And no i do not have a criminal record. Read post1...
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

you know.. I hate to be one of those "AMERUIKAH!!!" people... but this is what I did last weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQGgWhE9Pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co9iZOZL_H0

that second video shoots the bullet on the left

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Yes it was a criminal looking photo...but i thought that would be fun with a dumb photo name. have no idea if the air guns i have are replicas. ...
    Its easy so see if they are replica's.... Is it black... en does ik look like a Fire arm.. then it is probably an replica and didn't come from a dutch shop.
    (Or did you buy these more than 15 years ago..?)
    If the picture was "criminal looking" and you were sporting a look alike firearm... ermmm than i am sorry to say.. but you did bring this on to yourself.
    You can't really blame them for looking into that.

Its the same if i make pictures traveling 255kMH on the speedo in a civic.. post them on social media and then get angry if the police are looking into how i drive on the public roads.
    They can't "arrest" me for the content on the photo.. but if the content is true... they wil be ready for me when i go out and do that again (if they want to catch me).
    It is how thing work... and i cant blame them for that.

How did they actually know where you live? Like your street and house number? Did someone you know show them the picture? Are the police just out there looking for guns in pictures and finding names and addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    you know.. I hate to be one of those "AMERUIKAH!!!" people... but this is what I did last weekend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQGgWhE9Pw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co9iZOZL_H0
    that second video shoots the bullet on the left
    Wuahaha thats a 50caliber!!! wuahaha cool Flecom!!
    I have shot a AW50 once...
    Thats a humbling experiance.

Cool

we were setting off car alarms in the parking lot every time we shot it, was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by aktopjian View Post
    Are the police just out there looking for guns in pictures and finding names and addresses?
    That is something the police is doing for almost 2 years now in the netherlands.
    BrorgqueenX isn't the first i hear of.

Wow, just seems weird. What do they do just go threw random Facebook pages and look at all there pictures? Then get there address and a warrant? That is just some bad luck they chose yours.