Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visitted by the police!

Default Visitted by the police!

for owning 1 spring powered air rifle and for owning 1 co2 powered air gun.
    They saw the photo on twitter or facebook and then sended 2 cops to my house. they had a warrant if they needed to use it. (the photo is 2 years old and i never use the air guns anymore)

i never ever had a conversation before...they were polite and friendly but did look at me like i was a criminal, i at least felt that way.
    Does anyone know if i now get into their system or something? i was hoping to never get into their system....the 2 weapons are legal as far as i can see and are sold in online stores.
    so no worries about that but come on....police for one picture on my facebook?
    its not that i said "im going to kill everyone today" or something. i even made a funny sarcastic comment at it.

Well i understand they do their job but whoever decided to send those cops at me....well he should have simply asked me where i got it so he saw it would be legal or something instead of sending 2 cops to pick my weapons up and take them to the station...
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

OMG !!

A terrorist here on PL !!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

did they recommend a good drill?

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    for owning 1 spring powered air rifle and for owning 1 co2 powered air gun.
    They saw the photo on twitter or facebook and then sended 2 cops to my house. they had a warrant if they needed to use it. (the photo is 2 years old and i never use the air guns anymore)

i never ever had a conversation before...they were polite and friendly but did look at me like i was a criminal, i at least felt that way.
    Does anyone know if i now get into their system or something? i was hoping to never get into their system....the 2 weapons are legal as far as i can see and are sold in online stores.
    so no worries about that but come on....police for one picture on my facebook?
    its not that i said "im going to kill everyone today" or something. i even made a funny sarcastic comment at it.

Well i understand they do their job but whoever decided to send those cops at me....well he should have simply asked me where i got it so he saw it would be legal or something instead of sending 2 cops to pick my weapons up and take them to the station...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

...at least you kept cool / didn't flail in panic and knock your projector off the table, again...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    did they recommend a good drill?
    Haha... Now that's funny
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Haha its just stopid. I hope i dont need to pay a large sum of money now because some guy finds a reason why it should be illigal or something.

But come on i never talked with cops before i felt really criminal like.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    ...because some guy finds a reason why it should be illigal or something.
    It either is or isn't illegal in your country, not because some guy finds a reason, but because if it was illegal, your parliament has voted to pass a law to protect its citizens and their property. Just because you can buy an air rifle online doesn't make it legal to own. There are many illegal things that can be bought online...

If I bought a 4mW pointer online and had a picture on Facebook publicly showing me using it here in Australia that could easily warrant a visit from the cops. Why? Because a >2mW pointer is illegal here (and not just because some guy found a reason).

I think this is a big deal. Not specifically for you borgqueenx because it never went anywhere. However I do think you are now in the system although at some broad and low level. Governments data mine for all sorts of reasons and so I am surprised at the willingness of individuals to unnecessarily expose their lives to the public as in Facebook. Are they lonely or do they think they have nothing to hide. Just wait. At sometime in your future, public sentiment is bound to shift and you'll be in some unfavored minority. Want a gun? A laser? Give support to a targeted political cause. You are on the record for ever. Just ask the beauty queen about those photos she posed for when she was 18. This will only get worse.

In the netherlands they would shut such a online shop down. Ive also looked at posts on the internet and they all say the stuff should be legal.
    The guy from the police who found it could simply ask me where i got it instead of sending cops to me. I would easily give him answers and the link. The rifle from my photo and the photo from the webshop are desame, then voilla dont send the cops! The gun i bought is acdording to multiple people LEGAL to own.

That's kind of ironic because one time a police officer came to my house for an investigation and while he was there I told him that I owned an SKS semi-automatic carbine with a bayonet and wondered if it was legal. I pulled it out and we chatted about it a bit.